Banned words?

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi,

I just noticed something in this thread: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/what-success-do-you-use-94437.html. There is an 8-letter word in the OP that is starred out, like this: ********. I'm pretty sure I know what word that is. I am guessing the OP in that thread typed the word itself and the forum software changed it.

I also know that there is a five-letter username that the forum software also automatically star out (*****). Or at least it used to.

Being the ever curious person, I was wondering if any admin would be able to shed any light on how many banned words there are on the forum, and the nature of those words.

Thanks in advance for any information!

I know the software "stars out" the common swear words but I have no idea what the total number is. An admin might know.

There are very few words that are auto replaced with asterisks - fewer even than George carlins list of 7.

We expect reasonable posting but there are a few predicable four letter words that are subjected to the cuss filter. Most reasonable folks also replace others (like w*rk) with self imposed filters ;)

There are very few words that are auto replaced with asterisks - fewer even than George carlins list of 7.

We expect reasonable posting but there are a few predicable four letter words that are subjected to the cuss filter. Most reasonable folks also replace others (like w*rk) with self imposed filters ;)

i can understand how the 'w' word can bring back unpleasant memories for some ( or nightmares for me )

but fewer than George Carlin :confused: is this site the last bastion of free speech

The full list of banned words are:

Fuego, I think you misspelled one ...

did you miss the seasonal words like pol*tics ( that can be a little inflammatory at times )

For fans of The Good Place, "How come I can't type 'fork'?"

For fans of The Good Place, "How come I can't type 'fork'?"

too divisive perhaps

i have an uncle of Cherokee descent and he has useful saying about tongues ,

it has saved me thousands in my investing adventures ( read the accounts and ignore the hype )

A little strange to be ***ing out another retirement calculator, but I do believe I understand the history of the reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom