Blow That Dough! - 2019

Playing around with these tools, and seeing some of the youtube videos, they are owed respect. They have some serious torque and one could do serious damage to one's wrist by being careless with them. They are not the battery powered tools of yesteryear.

I have to agree, Walt. The more I use these high powered battery driven tools, the less I need my 4 HP air compressor. They are so handy, compact and I don't need to drag around an air hose. :cool:

I thought that I posted about buying yet another smoker (bigger, better), but I don't see the post. It must have been on the restaurant thread.

There were several posts by different people on the "Blow That Dough! - 2018" thread this week, that belonged on this thread instead. Maybe it was one of those? Either way, one of the mods or admins could move those posts and close that thread. I gave up my super-duper-admin powers so I can't do that stuff any more.

There were several posts by different people on the "Blow That Dough! - 2018" thread this week, that belonged on this thread instead. Maybe it was one of those? Either way, one of the mods or admins could move those posts and close that thread. I gave up my super-duper-admin powers so I can't do that stuff any more.

Done.
Thanks, W2R!

Reactions: W2R
Three Epic passes. Hopefully it snows a lot next year.

Three Epic passes. Hopefully it snows a lot next year.
I got IKON passes for my son and I. So I guess I won't see you on the slopes next year! Already used it 3 days, for spring season in WV.

I also got new skis, Blizzard Bonafides.

Blow that dough …..Oh last month new driveway . The old one got destroyed by the rain we had in Texas last winter . Also had French drains put in around our barn 12 loads of river rock 14 yards each after all done 10,500 . Now yesterday bought 40 pieces of grass 40.00 . Also looking at getting our barniminium covered in limestone veneer estimate 7500.00 Wife has just taken the checkbook . All is ended for a year.

If you put the new brakes on yourself , you saved a boatload of money . I was looking at buying an old Corvette they wanted 1200. for new Brakes . …..Gott to stop !

I got IKON passes for my son and I. So I guess I won't see you on the slopes next year! Already used it 3 days, for spring season in WV.

I also got new skis, Blizzard Bonafides.

Also bought 2 IKONs (we live in an IKON town). Enjoy the Bonafides. They are really fun.

Soon they will open up sales of first tracks tickets (early access). We're way under budget so we're splurging on those too for the first time. Powder days!

Interesting didn't know there were global ski passes.

$100 for a prime rib roast, cooked to perfection on the traeger for dinner with the kids today. Yum!

Pulled the 8 12 volt lead acids out of the Polaris EV and put in 4 expensive Lithium batteries and rigged up a roof solar panel for DW to tool around The Farm.

heh heh heh - hobby time - it's finally spring. :cool:

Also bought 2 IKONs (we live in an IKON town). Enjoy the Bonafides. They are really fun.

Soon they will open up sales of first tracks tickets (early access). We're way under budget so we're splurging on those too for the first time. Powder days!

Nice! I'd do that but I have a tough enough time getting anyone I ski with out at 9. I probably won't be out west enough days to make it worthwhile anyway.

Yep, Vail Resort properties have one (Epic) and some other resorts have banded together for a competitor (IKON). There are various flavors, but many are limited in # of days at certain resorts, especially the high end ones like Vail or Aspen. The payback depends on where you go but usually a week takes care of it. You just have to pay and commit well in advance to ski at a certain set, but you can decide exactly where last minute, subject of course to lodging.

And there are some resorts that don't participate at all, and they can be enjoyable for a less crowded experience.

That one for over $900, you'd have to travel to several of them.

I thought season passes for large resorts were in the range of $300-400 but they must be more.

Dropped 5,000 euros as a downpayment on some fancy hardwood flooring.

After 30+ years....it's time for a new bed. Planning to purchase a tempur-pedic with an adjustable base. :)
Oh! That sounds so nice. When you decide on one and buy it, I'd love to know all about it and what you think of it, especially the adjustable base. I'm not ready for a new mattress quite yet but have had mine 17+ years so probably I will be soon. So, I am interested in your choices because I am trying to figure out what would be best. In my case I would not be looking for "cheap" as much as for "wonderfully comfortable", so Temper-Pedic is not out of the question unless it gets too hot or is less than perfect for some other reason. The adjustable base sounds extremely interesting since I am growing older (who knew this would ever happen? :LOL: ). Anyway being able to tilt the bed might help with the aches and pains of aging or whatever, especially if the setup is high enough to be easy on the knees when getting in and out of bed.

We’ve loved our IKON so far. We skied in WY and NM on it and are considering Japan next year. Resorts in Chile, New Zealand, Canada are also included. It is a pretty amazing deal compared to what we’ve paid in the past just our mountain’s season pass.

What kind of wood? I'll bet it is going to be beautiful, at that price for a very small condo like yours.

It is a whitewashed top-quality European oak wood. I am putting it everywhere, except in the bathroom. Because my place is so small, I can afford to splurge.:D

Reactions: W2R
If you put the new brakes on yourself , you saved a boatload of money . I was looking at buying an old Corvette they wanted 1200. for new Brakes . …..Gott to stop !

Unfortunately I didn't put them on myself. So it qualifies for a "Blow that dough" expense. The guy at the repair shop said I need new brakes so that I can "drive the car like it's meant to be driven"

Back
Top Bottom