What was your happiest moment today?

We are repairing our summer place which went underwater in February. My 12 year old son and I sanded (yesterday) and painted (today) the floors. I had forgotten how much I love that kind of project. DS enjoyed it as much as I did. Then we came home and I soaked the paint off (of me) with a bubble bath and an icy glass of white wine.

Yesterday we were getting lumber/supplies for my wife's new greenhouse at Lowes Home Improvement Store when the news broke that Ohio would be on mandatory 2 week shutdown. We later needed to go across the parking lot to Walmart for a few things, and the crowds were increasing by the minute...happy that we were already done.

Sprouts coming up in my DIY self-watering garden bins: cucumbers, arugula, spinach, lettuce, parsley, spring onions. This planting felt so optional weeks ago and now I’m so glad I did because it seems like it will preserve some options.

Kind of like a Roth.

Happiest moment today

In a world seemingly filled with gloom, my daffodils are blooming, other bulbs popping up, cherry blossom trees flowering, new leaves appearing on the rose bushes.
Spring and nature is renewing itself.

Today we welcomed a tenant into a new rental.She drove from Denver to here with 3 dogs and a fiance for a new job, in the middle of the worst health crisis ever. She did say her drive was smooth (no traffic!) and she was thrilled with the way we fixed up the house for her. I love ❤️ being a landlord and our rental returns have beaten any stock market ever in the history of the markets. We bought this house to tear down and subdivide eventually- two lots mean big bucks. In the meantime renting it out gives her a home and gives us a little income.

Today we welcomed a tenant into a new rental.She drove from Denver to here with 3 dogs and a fiance for a new job, in the middle of the worst health crisis ever. She did say her drive was smooth (no traffic!) and she was thrilled with the way we fixed up the house for her. I love ❤️ being a landlord and our rental returns have beaten any stock market ever in the history of the markets. We bought this house to tear down and subdivide eventually- two lots mean big bucks. In the meantime renting it out gives her a home and gives us a little income.

Walked 4 miles up the hill from our house on a glorious Spring day.

I had to transport a young man that was heavily under the influence of meth. He couldn't walk or talk, even. He wondered why I don't like him. Duhhh!

My happiest moment was when he got out of my truck.

I had to transport a young man that was heavily under the influence of meth. He couldn't walk or talk, even. He wondered why I don't like him. Duhhh!

My happiest moment was when he got out of my truck.

You are a better man than me, I would have never let such a miscreant in my truck to start with.

Ran for 20 min without reinjuring my calf after 2 failed previous attempts when I thought it was healed. Felt good to get in a cardio workout finally, especially now that we are staying home the past three weeks.

Learned to play part of of “ in my room “ by The Beach Boys (Brian Wilson ). Didn’t get at it till late so I’ll learn the rest tomorrow. Works quite well as an instrumental.

Went to pick up takeout from a local restaurant - next to a sign explaining some new procedures was a handwritten note, “1 roll toilet paper $1 - limit 4”. Never, ever, did I imagine being offered a side of TP with dinner.

So, some new options are appearing.

Went to pick up takeout from a local restaurant - next to a sign explaining some new procedures was a handwritten note, “1 roll toilet paper $1 - limit 4”. Never, ever, did I imagine being offered a side of TP with dinner.

So, some new options are appearing.

Does that count as 1 of the 2 sides that come with dinner, but effectively a premium side?:D

Well it was yesterday but I did a live Facebook reading of one of the children’s books that I wrote. Got about 600 views, my intent was to give parents a break for 20 min. It was fun.

I posted in another thread about a dear friend who took a Covid test three days ago. She was unwell and showing many of the symptoms.

Her results came back this morning - negative!! She texted me right away.

That was by far my happiest moment not only today, but probably since this whole Covid pandemic began.

Just being outside in the sunshine without a coat, and not shivering...a big deal in NW Ohio in early April.

When I started building my new guitar stand kit and the parts were all wrong. Then I tried to fix it and I screwed it up so bad one foot is a half inch off.

Dyeing eggs for Easter egg hunt with DGS. He is so excited.

Back
Top Bottom