1,000'th Post - Thanks to everyone

Alan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Just thought I'd mark my 1,000'th post with a thank you to everyone who has helped me this last 3 years by contributing to this forum. This is the first forum of any description that I have ever participated in and it has been a beauty with lots of good discussions, great ideas and excellent book references and links to interesting articles.

DW and I married at the end of our junior year at college 32 years ago this week. We are now aged 52 and 53(me). DW ESR'ed at 48 and now works 2 days a week as a contract programmer and I have 19 months left with the chemical megacorp I started working for as a control engineer on contract in 1979, becoming an employee of said megacorp in 1985. This was in England and we moved to the USA on a 2 year assignment in 1987, loved it and never left. We just renewed our US passports this month - 10 years after becoming citizens - time really flys by fast when you are having fun. 2 kids, both grown, graduated, left home and working.

Now getting ready for the next stage of our life - Retirement - and we are in good financial shape I think.

Thanks for your participation also Alan. Now, what are you waiting for get on to 1001. You can't stand on 1K forever you know...:cool:

:D Just responded to a thread on online banks :D

I know that I am not a prodigious poster, I don't feel anywhere near as knowledgeable as many on this board, but I always try to respond to polls and such.

Some of us just blab away through the years, even when we don't have anything relevant to say about retirement.

Don't has me about retirement investing.

Thanks for being here Alan.

Yep. No sense in letting a silly thing like relevance get in the way of a [-]good[/-] post.
Hey, that reminds me of another story about thread hijacks and artificially inflating your post count...

... eh, I'll let CFB tell it.

you guys are a hoot, you keep me and many others sane in a crazy world. At least I think I'm sane - I talk to the trees and they haven't started talking back yet O0

I'm surprise he hasn't talked back yet...

(BTW, enjoyed your posts)

Attachments

• pics 051.jpg
    pics 051.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom