1.5 % 11 Month CD no penalties

A five year CD is still only 2.25%, vs an 11 month CD for 1.5%. Those numbers don't make sense. A five year should easily be double the 11 month rate. I normally only go for five year CDs because the early term penalty is only 6 months interest, but this just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the messsage.

I'm in the Eurozone, so no play for me, this is USD :(

A five year CD is still only 2.25%, vs an 11 month CD for 1.5%. Those numbers don't make sense. A five year should easily be double the 11 month rate. I normally only go for five year CDs because the early term penalty is only 6 months interest, but this just doesn't make any sense.

Inching in the direction of inverted yield - and ya all know what that can mean

:nonono:

This might be of interest to some people.

https://www.five-starbank.com/

If you don't see the 8 month CD at 2% - hit the left and right arrow buttons until you do. I'll attach a screen capture just in case.

1. It may only apply to people in upstate NY
2. You have to open a checking account and use direct deposit
3. Fees on the checking account are a little cumbersome (e-statements, min combined balance of $25,000 and DD)
4. There is a $150 bonus for opening the checking account.

Buying a $25,000 CD and including the bonus seems to yield up to 2.9%.

Attachments

• Five-star.PNG
    Five-star.PNG
    479.1 KB · Views: 39
We just re-upped at the local credit union. 2-yr CD at 2%. Special offer, so no longer available.

You can only do 10k, but I inked a 5 month special CD at Navy FCU for 3% today. Low hanging fruit.

Back
Top Bottom