1 more year - live longer

One factor also might be that if you are working, you are covered by the company health plan. This may encourage a person to have more frequent checkups and not worry about the costs.

One factor also might be that if you are working, you are covered by the company health plan. This may encourage a person to have more frequent checkups and not worry about the costs.

Assuming of course that more frequent checkups would have a positive effect. Could look at any Western country other than the US where these checkups wouldn't have a cost to the individual. Even in the US wouldn't someone over 65 be covered and not have to pay for these 'checkups'?

My life is going to be shortened by the anger that wells up from reading these continued ridiculous articles.

:facepalm:

Quality of life....

(Plus, what of those who work 6-7 days a week, with M-F 12 hour days the norm and go longer hours in the periodic busy stretches? The study doesn't seem to address that situation....)

:facepalm:

E.T.A.--I am going to forward that article to DW just for grins!

Although the Boeing study showed the opposite. Of course that was all blue collar jobs.

I find little chance that my working past 65, with my current stress level at work, will increase my life expectancy. Lol.

These studies generally don't factor out the early "retirees" who left their j*b due to poor health! This will lower the lifespan of the retiree pool.

I probably would have been dead by 60 if I kept working. The stress of the last 4 months drove my BP up to the point that I not only saw it on the monitor, but felt it, and had to be put on meds to lower it. After I retired, I was able to be weened off the meds, and I'm at a pretty good for a 54 yo 115/75 level w/o any meds except 28-32 miles of running per week, which by the way, makes me feel pretty darn good.

Back
Top Bottom