10 Year Fire Anniversary

RockyMtn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today is my 10 year anniversary from MegaCorp. Flew by pretty quickly but as they say "time flies when you are having fun"!:D

Made some major life changes over the last decade. Sold several homes, bought and remodeled another. Relocated to the Southwest from the Rocky Mountains. We travel in the summer when it gets god awful hot and pretty much stay put the rest of the year and enjoy our new life.

Financially, all is well. Not spending anywhere near what we could but we live very well. Maybe we should live more well! Portfolio is up right about 100% over the last 10 years. Very happy with our 61/36/3 AA. Living off dividends, pension #1 and some deferred comp. Pension #2 and social security await in a few more years.

Thanks to all of the collective wisdom on this board. It certainly helped make my transition much smoother!:cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations and thanks for the update! It sounds like you are living the life!
I enjoy continuing to hear from folks who have been retired for several years, it's a nice perspective.

Congrats and picked a great time to retire bull market wise.

Back
Top Bottom