1040 Tax Calculator

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I see people asking for these from time to time, and this one is better than most I've seen. While I can just plug into TT for modeling (and have), this calculator is easier IMO - it has every conceivable input and it shows you all the details e.g. AGI, taxable income, SS taxation, PI, MAGI, marginal bracket, etc. FWIW

https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/1040_tax_calculator.html

I think that’s the same exact one as Dinkytown’s 1040 calculator. The Dinkytown logo even appears briefly when first loaded.

It's too bad that with every conceivable input it doesn't calculate many of the credits.

Having a tool that calculates more applicable credits seems more useful than one providing separate boxes for a wide variety of income types.

Actually I found this very useful over the past few days, estimating our taxes for each year between 2022 and 2029, when all of our projected SS and RMDs have kicked in along (over 4 years) with dividends/interest/CGs. I also included continued Roth conversions in the next few years, I will all but stop that once SS and RMDs have begun. I changed sensitivities and modeling a couple options - all very instructive for me. I have a much better picture of how RMDs, SS, IRMAA, marginal brackets, the tax torpedo, etc. will all shake out. I also computed our AGI, MAGI, taxable income, PI, and other metrics. Very instructive. All free!

Back
Top Bottom