2020 what I learn/ Health wise

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
In the Chinese calendar, 2020 is the year of the rat and it did it leave to those expectations.

We all know how it impacted every one in lots of negative ways. In prior years, I used to get sick 3-4 per year that required antibiotics, steroids, and a chest x-ray or 2. This does not take into account the normal sore throats and nagging seasonal allergies.

Since March 2020, we been using PPE that every one is familiar plus a shield and staying away from people: No visits to Home depot, only 3 visits to grocery store but have stop those w/ curbside pick up.

I have not gotten sick at all and can not remember the last time I managed to go a full year w/ out taking any antibiotics. For me at least, I will continue to wear my PPE to visit the medical places but the big box stores probably not. I used to look for excuse to go walk the aisle of the stores but no more, I know see it as a way to get sick.

My nick name at work was Sponge Bob because I caught everything do to my medical problem.:)

We have generally been healthier also, other than a serious illness in March (we believe it was Covid, as does our MD, but test showed negative).
We plan to continue with masking well into the future., along with grocery pick up and online ordering.
I just have no desire to be in crowded spaces if I don't have too. We even enjoy getting Restaurant take out dinners, rather than dining in.

We have been healthier too, with no colds, flu, or similar contagious illnesses since before the pandemic.

However, I wonder - - perhaps we may be crippling our immune capabilities a little due to lack of exposure to this type of contagious illness. I'm expecting that if/when the pandemic ends we'll probably have constant colds for a while until our immunity builds up again.

WILL I CONTINUE TO MASK AFTER THE PANDEMIC IS OVER?
Although I wear a mask like everyone else, I hate them. As soon as they are no longer needed or required, I plan to burn mine out in the street and never wear one again. I should learn some sort of voo-doo dance to do around a giant mask burning bonfire and invite my neighbors. :ROFLMAO:

WILL I SOCIAL DISTANCE?
I have always kept a bigger distance between me and those with airborne contagious illnesses, than the "social distancing" conventions dictate. About 15 feet, not 6 feet. I mean, really; would you hang out around a half dozen people with the common flu, just 6 feet from them? That sounds a little nutso to me.

Back
Top Bottom