2023 Black Friday Streaming Deals

Paramount+ announced $1.99/month for its ad supported version for 3 months. Max is offering $2.99/month for ad supported version for 6 months.
All these "deals" seem to be about paying to see ads.

I currently have Hulu on last year's Black Friday deal of 0.99. I am about to lose that deal but still want to keep Hulu. I wonder how to renew at lower than the 7.99 rate. If I try to change to Hulu with Disney+, I wonder if I can get it for the 2.99 price. Is there any other way to get cheaper Hulu?

Same goes with Philo.

I deactivated my hulu account a couple of months back and was offered the .99 deal with reactivation. So, you could maybe deactivate and reactivate and get the deal - unless the account needs to be deactivated for awhile to qualify.

I'm still bummed that some shows are not available even after paying for the streaming service.

Example: Alone Season 10. I have a subscription to both Hulu and Discovery+ and yet I am not able to stream the season which aired this past summer.

You have to have cable.

I currently have Hulu on last year's Black Friday deal of 0.99. I am about to lose that deal but still want to keep Hulu. I wonder how to renew at lower than the 7.99 rate. If I try to change to Hulu with Disney+, I wonder if I can get it for the 2.99 price. Is there any other way to get cheaper Hulu?

Same goes with Philo.
Use a different e-mail address and credit card and I also used an incognito window on my Chromebook which I rebooted before I started the process and took me less than a couple of minutes. Once it bills you for the 99c deal then the next window offers you add on deals that you don't have to accept.
That should work for you.

So, you could maybe deactivate and reactivate and get the deal - unless the account needs to be deactivated for awhile to qualify.

Hulu says you can't get the deal if you have been a subscriber within the past month. I canceled my deal from last year on 10/23 so I should be eligible for this deal on 11/24.

All these "deals" seem to be about paying to see ads.

+1

As someone said above, I'll either pay for high-quality content with no ads, or I'll pay zero to watch streaming services (like Tubi) with ads. I will never pay to see ads. Seems like the days of ad-free Black Friday streaming deals are over.

I have found before that the ads are not nearly as bad as ads you get on regular cable tv. Thirty seconds or a minute vs 2 minutes minimum on cable.

It wasn't that particular model, but we bought a TCL 40" for our bedroom from Amazon. I can't remember what went wrong, but it was still under warranty (6 months after purchase) and they sent us a new one within a week and they sent us a box to put our old one to ship back. The replacement has been working fine for the last 3.5 years. Overall, very happy with the purchase and customer service.

I have found before that the ads are not nearly as bad as ads you get on regular cable tv. Thirty seconds or a minute vs 2 minutes minimum on cable.
Some of these streaming services have about 10 minutes per hour and can be a couple minutes at a time, depends on the service. With cable over 10 years ago before I canceled it, I usually time shifted with a DVR and skipped commercials (often auto skipping with commercial skipping software on my home theater PC), which I still do with OTA broadcasts.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime Video and The Roku Channel are offering 2 month trials for reduced rates. Amazon offers are good through Dec 3 and include BritBox, Acorn, Paramount+, Peacock, and many more.

Amazon Prime Video and The Roku Channel are offering 2 month trials for reduced rates. Amazon offers are good through Dec 3 and include BritBox, Acorn, Paramount+, Peacock, and many more.

We have a similar promo with Prime in Canada - I've just signed up for $1.99CAD for Starz for the 1st 2 months (it may only be $1 or $1.50USD in the US?) I found a few new movies I wanted to watch so it's definitely worth $2CAD. Watching John Wick 4 now (well, my DH is. I'm typing away/surfing the net and sort of watching it. Their action scenes are sooo long!)

I also rented (need to watch in the next 30 days) a few movies as they have certain movies on their Black Friday Deals.

Last edited:
+1

As someone said above, I'll either pay for high-quality content with no ads, or I'll pay zero to watch streaming services (like Tubi) with ads. I will never pay to see ads. Seems like the days of ad-free Black Friday streaming deals are over.

I got the Hulu deal, with ads for 0.99/month. I had it with ads last year, for $1.99, and the ads weren't too bad. Clearly not as bad as network TV or certainly not as bad as a college football game :)

I read recently where the streaming services now make more on the ad revenue than the subscription revenue...so ads may be here to stay.

So what's the deal with YouTube premium? Got a free month then $13.99/month after that. But then you have to subscribe/pay for tv shows and movies? Is that right?
So what makes this different from Hulu/Netflix/Prime, etc.?
Just curious since I've never watched Youtube.

Our .99 Hulu ended yesterday. We cancelled before the price increase and signed up for Max - used to be HBO Max for $2.99/month for 6 months. Will reevaluate after that. Hulu didn’t provide much stuff we enjoyed. Max has a few channels we like so we’ll see. YouTube is still my favorite and it’s free.

I have one of those (maybe an earlier model since mine is ~3 years old) and I think I paid closer to $500 back then. It's been problem free and has excellent picture and audio quality. I have a DirecTV DVR, two different disk players, a sound bar and an optical/Bluetooth wireless head set all connected to it. Oh and of course it's a smart TV and streams VIA 802.11 to my Internet connection perfectly. Easy to use remote control interface too.

At $230, I'm tempted to buy another as a spare.

Great value IMO.

Last edited:
I have one of those (maybe an earlier model since mine is ~3 years old) and I think I paid closer to $500 back then. It's been problem free and has excellent picture and audio quality. I have a DirecTV DVR, two different disk players, a sound bar and an optical/Bluetooth wireless head set all connected to it. Oh and of course it's a smart TV and streams VIA 802.11 to my Internet connection perfectly. Easy to use remote control interface too.

Great value IMO.

Grrr, $220 delivery for our area which is exactly the discount.

Bought this! :cool:
I wish you as good of luck with yours as I've had with mine. I'll add, while I have a sound bar attached to mine, I rarely use it since the TV's speakers are plenty good!

Great value IMO.

Wow...thanks for the review. I haven't heard of this brand, but then again I haven't been in the TV market for a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom