401k Rollover and Part-Time Work

wjhamilton72

Confused about dryer sheets
New to the forum - looking forward to interacting.

Quick summary of my current position.

51 year old - $1.3M in IRA, $1.6M in 401k. Future $850k annuity distribution spread out from age 58 to 71 - all tax-free dollars due to being from structured settlement related to an auto accident.

I am interested in utilizing retirement dollars now and have already initiated a SEPP with current IRA. Would like to leave my company as a full-time employee, rollover 401k to IRA and set-up additional SEPP. I am still interested in working part-time at same company. Is leaving current employer, rolling over 401k and then continuing to work with same company part-time (with no 401k contributions) allowed?

Last edited:
New to the forum - looking forward interacting.

Quick summary of my current position.

51 year old - $1.3M in IRA, $1.6M in 401k. Future $850k annuity distribution spread out from age 58 to 71 - all tax-free dollars due to being from structured settlement related to an auto accident.

I am interested in utilizing retirement dollars now and have already initiated a SEPP with current IRA. Would like to leave my company as a full-time employee, rollover 401k to IRA and set-up additional SEPP. I am still interested in working part-time at same company. Is leaving current employer, rolling over 401k and then continuing to work with same company part-time (with no 401k contributions) allowed?

Have to check your plan rules.

Back
Top Bottom