5 year anniversary today

FREE866

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
5 years ago today I walked out of work for the last time. This board has been very helpful on a few topics in the last 5-6 years and I'm very grateful.Thank you to all.

I wasn't even going to post, but just want to acknowledge how much I love not working. I wouldn't post something like this on LinkedIn or Facebook, but I feel on this board it is better received because those of us that have retired early know how awesome and what a celebration it really is. Now, I'll admit the market has helped tremendously numbers wise , but I've never been happier in my life and I attribute a lot of that to not having to deal with the baked in stress of going into an office every day for 50 hours a week. It's odd, but I don't know how I did it for so long ( And I retired at 50! hahaha).

The freedom I feel is indescribable. Everything is better---I read more books, eat healthier, relationships with family are better, relationship to my partner of 16 years is better ( I think I came home cranky often so she says ha), exercise more, get out in nature more, sleep better...list goes on and on...you get that point. I'm a really lucky guy! Thank you for letting me share!

Last edited:
Congrats! And appreciate the update - always great to hear stories like yours.

Congratulations on your anniversary! I just realized the anniversary of my 3rd year of freedom was last month. Time flies! Retirement has been truly awesome…

Congrats! :dance:

Our five years will hit this summer, and we feel the same as you.

Congrats, I know your feelings. 1/5 was my 5 year anniversary as well!!!

Congrats, I know your feelings. 1/5 was my 5 year anniversary as well!!!

Ha..thats great..Congratulations!!!.If you remember the 6th was on a Friday...I remember walking out of the lobby of my building and I was downright giddy!

Ha..thats great..Congratulations!!!.If you remember the 6th was on a Friday...I remember walking out of the lobby of my building and I was downright giddy!

I recorded video on my phone of me walking out of the building that day. Sorry, can't find it now but it was a surreal moment.

I recorded video on my phone of me walking out of the building that day. Sorry, can't find it now but it was a surreal moment.

That is awesome....That is actually one of my regrets....Could have easily take out my iPhone and made a quick one minute video...oh well

Need mores post like these for us "still" working wana be not working folk.

Congrats and enjoy

Working on my 17th year and it just keeps getting better. Congratulations on your 5th. Keep us posted.

Congrats on the anniversary. I just hit 3 years as well. First year was a bit odd checking in on my financial situation etc. About the second year I finally relaxed and got into the retirement mindset. Should have done it earlier!
Thanks for the encouraging update.

5 years ago today I walked out of work for the last time. This board has been very helpful on a few topics in the last 5-6 years and I'm very grateful.Thank you to all.

I wasn't even going to post, but just want to acknowledge how much I love not working. I wouldn't post something like this on LinkedIn or Facebook, but I feel on this board it is better received because those of us that have retired early know how awesome and what a celebration it really is. Now, I'll admit the market has helped tremendously numbers wise , but I've never been happier in my life and I attribute a lot of that to not having to deal with the baked in stress of going into an office every day for 50 hours a week. It's odd, but I don't know how I did it for so long ( And I retired at 50! hahaha).

The freedom I feel is indescribable. Everything is better---I read more books, eat healthier, relationships with family are better, relationship to my partner of 16 years is better ( I think I came home cranky often so she says ha), exercise more, get out in nature more, sleep better...list goes on and on...you get that point. I'm a really lucky guy! Thank you for letting me share!

What a great post! Thank you!

Isn't retirement life grand?
Congratulations on your 5th year.
I just realized my 5th was in November! Time flies when you're having FUN :)

Congrats! I agree with the things you said. I just hit the two year mark.

Everything is better except I wish time would slow down to the level of pre-retirement.

Congrats! I agree with the things you said. I just hit the two year mark.

Everything is better except I wish time would slow down to the level of pre-retirement.

How true. Time speeds up when you're having fun. To those worried about being bored in ER, those times are rare but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom