5 year anniversary

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing evidence that retired folks are happy - not that the evidence is difficult to find. ;)

Congrats, that's a nice milestone anniversary, hope you are celebrating the occassion.

Five years ago today was my last day of voluntary slavery. While the stock market has not been friendly to my portfolio over the last several years, the freedom has been sweet. :dance:

Hey, we have something in common!

Six months ago, today, was my last day of voluntary slavery. While the stock market has not been friendly to my portfolio over the last several months, the freedom has been sweet. :dance:

Congrats! And I look forward to hitting your milestone in 4 1/2 years from now. :greetings10:

Purron-That should be the ER.org theme song!

OP-Would very much like to hear your Top 10 lessons/discoveries/whatever from your first 5 years.

I thought you completed 5 of being on this forum.

To answer this question you don't even need Google. Look at his details to the left of any of his posts and you'll see that his join date is June, 2007.

Congratulations. Its good to hear that you are happy in retirement.

Five years ago today was my last day of voluntary slavery. While the stock market has not been friendly to my portfolio over the last several years, the freedom has been sweet. :dance:
Congratulations!

Would you share the value of your portfolio as a percentage of its value on retirement? Thanks.

We are 3+ years into ER & our portfolio is almost 8% below its value on our start date of 5/1/08. A few months ago, it was about 5% above!

Back
Top Bottom