78.7 ????????? Really!

That one says I'm expected live to 95. That's what I'd planned on, when a 20-year-old jealous husband will shoot me.

95!?

Sounds like you need to change course cowboy. :D

Attachments

• 63877323-60C5-4ABE-8EF8-96BD2BC981D0.jpeg
    63877323-60C5-4ABE-8EF8-96BD2BC981D0.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 33
Damn... When I finally found where the result was posted, it showed 99 years.

this is all I have to say... "*$%)_+@%X+=($%?.{}@".
I got 93...about 8 years too long, IMHO, for me!

When I was born in 1936 my life expectancy was 61 years
Today at 82, my life expectancy is 89 years.
If I were 65 my life expectancy would be 82 years.

Really!

A 100-year-old is expected to live another 2.11 years.

Yet, if you make it to 102, they will give you another 1.89 years. And so on.

For people who make it to 119, SSA says another 0.61 years or 7 months.

There's no entry for 120.

If I can make it to 92 like my mother-in-law who's still living, I will say I have lived a long life. I cannot imagine what physical abilities a 120-year-old still retains.

Last edited:
Calment was the only person so far to ever make it past 120.

Currently the oldest person on earth is the 113-year-old Masazō Nonaka, a man of Japan.

Last year, the oldest person was Morano, a 117-year-old woman of Jamaica. I guess she did not make it to 2018.

Last edited:
No, people don't live that long; Jeanne Calment was an anomaly -- the one person who ever did (at least who was documented).

But because of her, you can't say the probability is zero.

We have to cheer on Mr. Masazō Nonaka mentioned above. He's our front runner, and has got to last another 7 years to make it to the 120 mark.

And the sad thing is, if Mr. Nonaka makes it, not all of the forum readers of today will be around to see it, even though they are much younger. That's the sad truth.

Life is short. One should be content if his time on earth has some happy moments, and not full of misery like the fate of many unfortunate people in the world.

Time for my favorite sad song.

No, people don't live that long; Jeanne Calment was an anomaly -- the one person who ever did (at least who was documented).

But because of her, you can't say the probability is zero.

Your aren't taking into account future mortality improvement

I would like to think that genetics has something to do with age.

My grandfathers made it to their late 80's. My father died at 86 after 3 years on dialysis from diabetes.

My mother died at 91, but she was a heavy smoker. Her sister made it to 99.75 years old.

I've been retired 10 years, but think I have far more than 10 years to go. I'd hate to go at an expected 78 years old and not had time to spend all the kids' inheritance.

Your aren't taking into account future mortality improvement

The rate of increase has slowed down recently. And then, only so few make it there that it may not mean much to the average person.

Over the entire world, there were 316,000 centenarians in 2012 as estimated by the UN. Yet, that number drops off fast with age, and we are down to a single person at 113 as mentioned earlier.

It's like a kid asking if he can ever get $100 billions like Bezos or Bill Gates. It happens, so one cannot say it's impossible. But the average person should be grateful if he can get to the $10M mark. To me, that's like getting to 90 years.

Last edited:
For sound Financial Planning purposes, you should really plan on living to age 100..... You probably won't, but you don't want to run out of money if you happen to beat the odds....Delaying S.S. to age 70 is a good strategy for this...

The question is, if I run out of money, will I know it?

Social sec say I'll make it to 85.6, the lifesyle calc says 95.

I'll let you know from the other side:D

that may be the life expectancy for a male newborn in 2018.

the older you get the longer you are expected to live (life expectancy)
Yes for those born in 2018 male life expectancy is 76 and female 81 according to "statista dot com."

According to Fortune it has dropped - “We are seeing an alarming increase in deaths from substance abuse and despair,” On average, 115 people in the U.S. die each day from an opioid overdose, and six Americans per day are dying from alcohol abuse—the highest rate in 35 years, according to federal data.

The report also highlights a rise in the suicide rate, which increased 24% between 1999 and 2014, as well as health conditions from diabetes to HIV/AIDS that are negatively impacting the lives of Americans.

“The consequences are dire: not only more deaths and illness but also escalating health care costs, a sicker workforce, and a less competitive economy,” the authors wrote. “Future generations may pay the greatest price.”

Back
Top Bottom