86" LG TV coming today

njhowie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Refreshing the family room and this monster will be the centerpiece on the great wall.

It's a 2021 model being discontinued, so the pricing is very good.

Anyone else in the market looking at these 75" and bigger TVs? Technology continues getting better, prices continue coming down.

65" is the biggest we can get that will fit in our entertainment center... I guess we will just "live with it".

I saw a 65" Samsung LCD TV for $279 this week. I was tempted to buy it for my garage to replace an old 32" LCD TV but my wife said no. I want another OLED TV for our office to replace an older LCD TV. I saw the LG 65" OLED for $999 at Costco and it did not even come close to selling out. So it's more than likely to drop further. Retailers are overstocked with TVs and prices are crashing. For the family room, I want to replace our 4K with a 75"-80" 8K TV.

65" is the biggest we can get that will fit in our entertainment center... I guess we will just "live with it".

We have this beautiful alma that was designed to hold an old CRT TV. I can squeeze a 32" flat screen in it.

When we got our 55 (in 2007 ish?) the sales dude at best buy cautioned it was a bit big for our space as it was going on the short wall of our rectangular family room. So we'd be seated about 16' away. Wall mount so no furniture restrictions.

Seems quaint by today's options. We're on a 4 year old 65" now, but only bothered to upgrade for 4k (xbox). I'd go bigger with the next one. 86 sounds too big right now, but heck, clearly there's no limit in the long term.

We have this beautiful alma that was designed to hold an old CRT TV. I can squeeze a 32" flat screen in it.
When we bought our home entertainment center (a really nice piece of furniture) I recall talking to the salesmen about how big the opening for the TV was. I remember he said he didn't think TV's would ever get bigger than that... :LOL:

Last edited:
Refreshing the family room and this monster will be the centerpiece on the great wall.

It's a 2021 model being discontinued, so the pricing is very good.

Anyone else in the market looking at these 75" and bigger TVs? Technology continues getting better, prices continue coming down.

I bought an 85" for our back patio last spring. Love it so far, it's a Sony. I think I paid $1000 or something for it. It's not an outdoor TV but it's been working well and I cover it with a very nice cover in the winter months and when it rains. It's waterproof under the deck where it is mounted so that helps, and I screened over all the holes and entrances to the TV with window screening so no bugs get in there.

We have a 75" in the bedroom (I am almost blind when I take my glasses off) so bigger is better for me. My wife initially complained it was too big but so far seems to like it.

Enjoy the TV!

20210712_203751_HDR (1).jpg

I have a 55” and any bigger would be too big for my living room.

We have one TV in the house, I think a 42". Its big enough for us right now, I think DH would love to get a 55 or 60" one. Anything larger than that would overwhelm both me and the room it's in :)

I'm waiting for a 35" Fire TV to be delivered! Got to blow that dough! Got it for downstairs. Doubt I'll use it much but if I'm rowing for cardio (usually run or bike) I can put something on and might come in handy when working out if I want to pull up videos on specific exercises.

I had a 60 inch TV in my home for six months when my daughter and hubby were staying with me. I blocked too much light from the window near it. 80 inches would turn my living room into a dark tunnel.

I have a 55" Panasonic plasma TV right in front of me, that I bought in 2013 for $1,299, which was what they cost back then.

TV has become even less appealing to me year after year, as time goes by. Frankly, I don't watch TV at all any more except for weather emergency coverage. So I have no desire to replace my present TV.

But I'm glad that NJhowie and others are enjoying their TVs! It's always good to have a new "toy" that one can have some fun with.

77" LG OLED C1 coming on Thursday. It should fit very well in my lower level.

have an 83 inch LG in great room. Love it! Replaced a 65 inch that is now in the office. With tv's I am a firm believer in bigger is better.

LG has nice picture but not right out of the box. Search the Google for optimal settings for your model then customize for your room and viewing habits. OS for streaming works well.

Enjoy

have an 83 inch LG in great room. Love it! Replaced a 65 inch that is now in the office. With tv's I am a firm believer in bigger is better.

LG has nice picture but not right out of the box. Search the Google for optimal settings for your model then customize for your room and viewing habits. OS for streaming works well.

Enjoy

This is a great point! Sometimes you need to mess with the settings to get it to where you like the picture. I always start with the internet, try there settings, if I can save the internet settings to memory, then adjust from there and save into a new memory if I can. I had my Projector dialed in real nice using the internet's settings and nothing I did could make the picture better than what the internet suggested. But out of the box, I might have returned the projector thinking the picture quality was terrible. Just took some settings adjustments and it's as good as the movie theater now.

The beast has arrived. We've come up with a new unit of measurement - the DW...the TV is about 0.8 DW x 1.1 DW

Attachments

• T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 86
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 76
83 inch LG from Costco

Just got my 83 inch LG from Costco they had a $500 cash card included been loving it great picture for my man cave

The beast has arrived. We've come up with a new unit of measurement - the DW...the TV is about 0.8 DW x 1.1 DW

That is awesome! Don't watch enough TV to justify a larger screen TV. I think it would be nice to have and things are as big as real life. I still have a LG 42" that I won playing poker. Lol A long story goes with that poker win, but it was my night!

I bought an 85" for our back patio last spring. Love it so far, it's a Sony. I think I paid $1000 or something for it. It's not an outdoor TV but it's been working well and I cover it with a very nice cover in the winter months and when it rains. It's waterproof under the deck where it is mounted so that helps, and I screened over all the holes and entrances to the TV with window screening so no bugs get in there.

View attachment 42788
That's a really good look!

We have a 75" in the bedroom (I am almost blind when I take my glasses off) so bigger is better for me. My wife initially complained it was too big but so far seems to like it.

Enjoy the TV!

View attachment 42788

kgtest,

Looks pretty.

Are you located close to any neighbors? The reason I ask is, there's neighbor about a 1/4 mile from me, whose house I pass when I'm out doing my walks.

He installed a TV on his deck. I can hear that thing blasting away, before it comes into view...and usually, there's no one outside watching it. The homes here are on smallish lots, and aren't the most soundproof. I'd hate to be his neighbor.

omni

It’s amazing to me that with all this inflation impacting the price of nearly everything, the people who price big screen TVs didn’t seem to get the memo. Awesome for us consumers though!

It’s amazing to me that with all this inflation impacting the price of nearly everything, the people who price big screen TVs didn’t seem to get the memo. Awesome for us consumers though!

I'll bet that the mounting hardware (brackets) and cables (and paid installation) for those big TV's costs 1/2 as much as the TV's. :LOL:

I'll bet that the mounting hardware (brackets) and cables (and paid installation) for those big TV's costs 1/2 as much as the TV's. :LOL:
1% for me. The trick is to shop for it separately. If you drop over a thou at a store for a TV they figure they can charge you multiples of what you can get a bracket for with a little price comparison.

btw the weight of these TVs are coming down too. I mentioned it on another thread, a big diff on the LG OLED C2 vs C1 is the weight, especially on the 65", not as much on the 77". I didn't check other sizes. I had originally planned to move an older LG 65" TV to a mount on the lower level, but decided to put the newly arriving 77" down there instead. About the same weight.

Back
Top Bottom