A Decade on the Board

samclem

Moderator Emeritus
I just noticed that "samclem" turned 10 years old yesterday. Kinda sobering--that time really flew.
When I first logged on I was nearing retirement from the military and contemplating a part time ESR gig for a few years. OMY syndrome grabbed me, and now it has been 10.
I sometimes feel a bit guilty about my time here. I can plop down in the chair, log in here (usually my first stop) and see what is new, check my emails, go to a few other regular haunts, then come back here and find new stuff of interest. Rinse and repeat and it can go on for a LONG time. But I've learned a lot, I do change my mind about things after reading the viewpoints of others, and it's fun--so all I now need is a dignified name for it so I can properly call it a hobby.
Thanks to all for a decade of interesting and useful conversation, and to all who have suffered through samclem's (rare!) crotchety moments.

Wow...you're right about time flying! I see that in a few months, I'll have been here 8 years. I'm not as prolific a poster as some here, but I am a prolific reader/lurker. Happy 10th "Birthday"!

I hit the decade mark on July 9th. I don't think I did a "Hi, I am..." post. Maybe I should go back, start over and do it right.

OH, but back then I was working without a clue how to get to retirement. Today, I am retired. So I must have done it right already.

Happy 10th anniversary Sam.

Interesting that many posters come and go while others stick around for the long term. I sometimes wonder if there is a common personality trait that could help explain the difference. The answer is probably obvious and right in front of me. I Need To Just concentrate... :)

Happy anniversary. I've learned a lot from you.

Ten years--that's tin or aluminum for the traditional gift (like silver for 25th), or diamond jewelry for the modern gift. Guess which one you'll get (hint: you can use it to make a hat!).

Congrats!

You are always a good read, Sam. We need to put the brakes on the calendar though as the years are rolling by too fast it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Anniversary! Always appreciate the words of wisdom from the long time posters. I read the forum regularly but do not post as much as I probably should.

Congratulations. I just checked and you are 23rd in terms of the number of posts. Yes time does fly by.

Last edited:
Congrats and happy anniversary!! I am more of a lurker than a poster and love, love, love the knowledge the members bring to this forum!! Hey and it's my kind of knowledge......FREE!

Happy Anniversary! Always appreciate the words of wisdom from the long time posters. I read the forum regularly but do not post as much as I probably should.

Nine years and counting here. I probably post more than I should... :-D

Congratulations samclem! Thanks to you and all of the long timers here, you guys have given me more confidence in making the transition. I am so grateful for all of the different viewpoints shared here. I wonder what things will be like in another 10 years, but then again, we don't need it to come soon.

Happy anniversary Sam, it's great to see that you've stuck with us all this time.

Congratulations, Samclem. :)

You don't have to have an excuse for coming here, or to invent a new dignified name for it.

But if it helps, I tend to put it in the category of mental fitness pursuits (right up there with sudoku! :2funny:).

Time flies while you are having fun, that's for sure.

Congrats.

The "10 year mark" made me think about where I was 10 years ago today. Just getting off the plane coming back from my honeymoon and heading to my law school graduation ceremony.

Tomorrow (May 10) will be 10 years from my first day of post-college employment. I found the forum not long after I started working FT.

Congrats. Is it now time to reinvent yourself and re-register under a new name?

Welcome to the 10 year club SamClem! My forum 10 year anniversary was in February. Gee, how time flies.

I thought I was the longest reigning OMY after retiring in 2003 from mega corp and then going back to work, but since I pulled the plug over a year ago, maybe you eclipse me. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom