A New Broom in Paris -- Sarkozy

janeeyre

Recycles dryer sheets
It will be interesting to see how the French react to a conservative government, especially one that appears to be more in agreement with U.S. policy than has been the case for decades. The average Frenchman that I know will be traumatized by that fact alone. ^-^

Sounds like a good policy. I think I'll move there. ;)

Interesting policy, however what is to stop them coming back? The other danger is once illegals think they can get the free money won't that encourage them in droves as it will be easy money?

I think they need to tread very carefully in this area. According to that article, they are offering the money to the LEGAL immigrants in France. The ones that followed the rules and work and pay taxes. The ones that went to France for a better life for them and their children. Telling them that they aren't wanted anymore and trying to bribe them to go back to their home country doesn't seem very well thought out.

If by new broom they mean, the same plan as before, I guess so. From the article: "A similar scheme, which was introduced in 2005 and 2006, was taken up by around 3,000 families."

See also "Why Sarkozy will dissapoint the White House" by Bernard Chazelle.

Sarkozy in the US would be to the left of everyone except Kucinich. Hardly a conservative in the US sense, although I do find the "national identity" ministry a little disturbing given France's history in that department.

Back
Top Bottom