A new chapter...

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I have, after years of planning and preparing, just moved into our lake home. We've had the place for 14 years, spent a grotesque amount of money having it rehabbed over the years, in anticipation of selling the house in town and moving to the lake.

We did it! It feels very nice. I may go fishing in the rain tomorrow, just because.:dance:

Congratulations! Do go fishing, just because!

Good for you! Go fishing just because you can. LOL

Nah, read a novel inside and keep dry and listen to the rain.

That rain will sweeten the water and excite the fish and make 'em hungry and you can go fishing tomorrow in the sun!

HadEnuff

Well done. Ms. gamboolgal & I hope that in about 1-1/2 years that we'll do pretty well what yawl have done !

We want to retire to a lakehouse. We are just waiting until we are retired to find and buy the property since we live overseas working.

And we will be on the water with a dock and boat house. I grew up on a lake and there is nothing like being able to walk down to the boat house at 0200 hrs if you want to do some night fishing. Or if the weather turns nasty you just pull into the boat house.

Well played to you and Ms. HadEnuff !

Love it! Congratulations.

DW and I have, after years of planning and preparing, just moved into our lake home. We've had the place for 14 years, spent a grotesque amount of money having it rehabbed over the years, in anticipation of selling the house in town and moving to the lake.

We did it! It feels very nice. I may go fishing in the rain tomorrow, just because.:dance:
I love it! Your plan came together and now your dream of moving to the lake has come true.

It is going to be such fun. You can go fishing so easily now, whenever you feel like it. Peace, serenity, and all the time in the world. And as if that wasn't good enough, you very well might catch fresh fish for dinner. :)

Congratulations. :D

DW and I sold everything and moved to our second home in the woods at the end of the road in NE MN 2 years ago when we reached FIRE. I highly recommend it. I'm not on a lake but have hundreds of acres of woods with over 100 lakes in 20 miles. We love it year round.

I did go fishing.

I caught 4 nice perch. it did not rain (very much).

Congrats and I am jealous as DW doesn't like to fish or live out on a lake. I am trying to find a nice quiet lake in town:dance:

Back
Top Bottom