AA finally in place

fisemper

Recycles dryer sheets
So the transfer from USAA to Schwab is now complete. As of yesterday my AA is in place. I was going to wait until the first of June but like a kid in a candy store I wanted to rush the wait. I stuck with CS funds except VTAB which I picked up at USAA since there was no like fund at CS. Time to sit back and have a few cold ones. :dance:

Thanks for all the advice I've received in short time I have been on.

Did you initiate the transfer, or was this part of Schwab taking over USAA's investments?

... like a kid in a candy store ...
Good job. The hard part now will be to keep yourself from messing with it. I'd suggest taking a close look at the funds and the AA just once a year. Make any strategy trades then. DW and I look at ours between Christmas and New Year. About one year in three we will make a strategic trade.

Maybe look at the account balance once a month if you are keeping track in something like Quicken. Whatever you do, don't look every day.

Good job. The hard part now will be to keep yourself from messing with it. I'd suggest taking a close look at the funds and the AA just once a year. Make any strategy trades then. DW and I look at ours between Christmas and New Year. About one year in three we will make a strategic trade.

Maybe look at the account balance once a month if you are keeping track in something like Quicken. Whatever you do, don't look every day.

I was thinking adjusting after the new year. I like to see if things go good during Christmas. Did me well on straight stock picks, but too much hair loss:facepalm:.

I was thinking adjusting after the new year. I like to see if things go good during Christmas. Did me well on straight stock picks, but too much hair loss:facepalm:.
The "when" doesn't matter much. It is the low frequency that is important. We use the week after Xmas simply because we are always at our snowy and cold lake home that week and it's a good time to ruminate. Here is the graphic I use with my Adult-Ed class when we talk about investment management technique:

38349-albums210-picture2181.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom