AARP has been terrific for us

As I said I'm way ahead with just the discount on the phone bill.

I encourage all my over 50 friends to join.

I found the 2 for $60 including Taxes from T-Mobile the best deal on the planet or over 50's, but I agree with you. I was there till that deal.

My only prescription costs $335 for a 4-month supply and it's at CVS. No lower prices on LowestMed or Good Rx. Will definitely look into CVS card- thanks!

What is this "exit guide" ?

Are you meaning the coupon books a driver picks up when crossing the State line, which have great deals and have caused me to stay in some pretty sketchy hotels :facepalm:
Yeah, that's what I use. I only stay in name brand places that value their reputation, but that was after learning my lesson. So yeah, I had a :facepalm: place once.

my 2 cents: I find a lot of overlap between AAA and AARP discounts, so have stuck with AAA. I'm not Medicare insurance supplement age yet but at that time AARP might be worth it.

my 2 cents: I find a lot of overlap between AAA and AARP discounts, so have stuck with AAA. I'm not Medicare insurance supplement age yet but at that time AARP might be worth it.

I did the reverse, Lease cars come with roadside assistance for the lease period. At least the ones I lease do. So I dropped AAA.

I did the reverse, Lease cars come with roadside assistance for the lease period. At least the ones I lease do. So I dropped AAA.
My Pontiac has 145,000 miles on it and just got a clean bill of health for the next few years. No payments, no collision necessary for my car, and I don't fear the door ding elves in parking lots.
And it get 29-32 miles to the gallon on the highway. Life is good.

My Pontiac has 145,000 miles on it and just got a clean bill of health for the next few years. No payments, no collision necessary for my car, and I don't fear the door ding elves in parking lots.
And it get 29-32 miles to the gallon on the highway. Life is good.

One of my retirement luxuries, a NEW car every 3 years need it or not. I do not like or enjoy driving old cars. Average Miles we do per year...... 7k max. I may buy one next time, as diesels are not in favor now, and most likely will be cheap in 2020. And I prefer German engineering, a lot more reliable.

And I prefer German engineering, a lot more reliable.

Well there's a New Years can-o-worms. I'll open it. Here's the Consumer Reports 2017 most reliable auto brands.

1) Toyota
2) Lexus
3) Kia
4) Audi
5) BMW
6) Subaru
7) Infiniti
8) Buick
9) Honda
10) Hyundai
13) Porsche
14) Mercedes
16) Volkswagon

Well there's a New Years can-o-worms. I'll open it. Here's the Consumer Reports 2017 most reliable auto brands.

1) Toyota
2) Lexus
3) Kia
4) Audi
5) BMW
6) Subaru
7) Infiniti
8) Buick
9) Honda
10) Hyundai
13) Porsche
14) Mercedes
16) Volkswagon

My comparison was related to "most" American Cars. Not a challenge. I still way prefer German "over" engineering. :)

You do have to watch what CR bases their ratings on. It's not always the same things YOU would value!

Their most recent rating of frozen pizza totally left out the whole concept of value for the $$, and rated them primarily on how "healthy" they were for you.

Who wants to eat a healthy pizza?!

Of course, the ones that give you the least food for the most money were near the top. The ones that give you a hearty meal didn't make the cut.

Not really sure what any of this has to do with AARP, sorry. But it's sort of the same idea - it's a great organization when your criteria happen to match theirs. But don't take everything as gospel!

Back
Top Bottom