ACA Healthcare Cost?

you need to estimate the premiums and your OP max - I'm budgeting $2K a month for healthcare

Unless you use a lot of health care services, I wouldn't focus on OP max but it is a good thing to know... I would focus more on likely total costs... premiums, deductibles, and co-pays based on your likely or historical use of health care services. We have never come close to our OP max and many years our total cost has been only premiums... but usually premiums + $1-2k or so.

Unless you use a lot of health care services, I wouldn't focus on OP max but it is a good thing to know... I would focus more on likely total costs... premiums, deductibles, and co-pays based on your likely or historical use of health care services. We have never come close to our OP max and many years our total cost has been only premiums... but usually premiums + $1-2k or so.

True, but for the ACA and MAPD plans I was looking at, the OP max was only about double the premiums so I used that for budgeting.

Anyone using a Kaiser Bronze with HSA plan and if so is it any good? The deductible is $6900 which is high but for the last 3 years I've only gone to the doctors 4 times a year for blood pressure checks/annual wellness and refills on meds which cost next to nothing. I can get 3 HSA plans in 2020 starting at $1-$128 a month by controlling my income and assuming continued good health save a lot of money on premiums. Am I correct that an HDHP(over 55) plan means I can deposit $4550 in an HSA savings or cd, deduct that amount on my tax return which then allows me to increase my planned Roth conversion by that amount as well? I have a Silver plan currently and while it has great coverage, my overall health is good and I'm willing to take the $6900 gamble at least for one year to see how the bronze plan works out for me.
I do need to do more reading on these Bronze plans but 4 doctor visits per year can't cost very much at all paying cash and I already pay cash for the generic meds. Am I missing anything here?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom