ACA income estimates and cost sharing with Silver plans

Is there some action or change in income that is triggering this?

I ask because I have just guesstimated a number and called it a pension. Three years and no trouble so far. Our " income" is very low, though. Have I just been lucky?

Thanks
Murf

I think it depends on the state. My state is quite lax, and one year I updated things via a phone call. I haven't submitted a single piece of actual documentation to my state exchange yet and am on my 3rd year of ACA.

I think it depends on the state. My state is quite lax, and one year I updated things via a phone call. I haven't submitted a single piece of actual documentation to my state exchange yet and am on my 3rd year of ACA.

That is amazing. We would get letters and e-mails, to send more documentation. It's federal, I wonder why it's different state to state.

That is amazing. We would get letters and e-mails, to send more documentation. It's federal, I wonder why it's different state to state.
Some states have their own exchanges with different rules.

After the first two years I've never been asked for any documentation.

We went over our estimate by about $10k last year and the only outcome was we owed about $600 additional on our federal tax return.

As MRG notes, some states (including mine) run their own exchange. I think the personnel are local, the processes are local, etc.

A number of states use the federal exchange, and it's my impression that the federal exchange website is more difficult to work with than mine, and that the people are also more rigid in terms of the documentation.

Back
Top Bottom