aca with health reimbursement account?

bobbyr

Recycles dryer sheets
I called the gov 800 number to see if you can get aca subsidies if you have a company provided HRA account --- the lady had to escalate the question and said they would get with me within 7 days.

Anyone know an answer to this? My HRA account had a balance on retirement that I used to pay cobra premiums previously (and medical expenses). I would assume having such a source of health $s assistance would preclude one from gov subsidy.

Last edited:
secondary question...I was wanting to create an HSA account on Fidelity and noted that you couldn't' open one if you have an HRA. That surprises me...anyone else have awareness of this?

The only thing that counts for subsidies is income. Not your HSA or HRA balances.

It may depend on the state you live in. In Oregon I was able to select an HSA plan and use my HSA from previous employer. The HSA can’t be used for paying the premiums.

I called the gov 800 number to see if you can get aca subsidies if you have a company provided HRA account --- the lady had to escalate the question and said they would get with me within 7 days.

Anyone know an answer to this? My HRA account had a balance on retirement that I used to pay cobra premiums previously (and medical expenses). I would assume having such a source of health $s assistance would preclude one from gov subsidy.

https://www.healthcare.gov/job-based-help/#/marketplace looks on point.

Back
Top Bottom