After dinner coffee liqueurs

PatSea32

Dryer sheet wannabe
The other post on here about liquor caused me to think this site may be a good resource to post a question about after dinner liqueurs. My wife and I have been on 8 Carribean cruises. One of our favorite after dinner cruise activities is to enjoy the string quartets with their wonderful music while sipping a coffee liqueur. I specifically remember on Holland America they had a menu of about 8 similar coffee drinks which we really enjoyed. I would love to recreate some of these drinks but have been unable to find any recipes for them online. I have Googled online and searched web sites such as Cruise Critic to no avail. Does anyone have any of these recipes to share, or can you point me to a web site? Thanks

I don't have any specific recipes - but if you start with Patron (tequila-based coffee cordial) I don't see how you could go wrong with the recipes one can find on the Net. To my palate, it is far more coffee-tasting, and less sweet, than Kahlua or Tia Maria.

I would try 1/2 Patron and 1/2 Godiva chocolate cordial to start with.

Amethyst

Try using a large wine glass with 1 1/2 shots of Kahlua and 1 1/2 shots of Tia Maria with the rest coffee. Then some fresh whipped cream on top. Then pour a snifter of Grand Marnier on the side. Pour a little of the Grand Marnier on top of the whipped cream and enjoy the coffee drink while sipping the Grand Marnier.

Try using a large wine glass with 1 1/2 shots of Kahlua and 1 1/2 shots of Tia Maria with the rest coffee. Then some fresh whipped cream on top. Then pour a snifter of Grand Marnier on the side. Pour a little of the Grand Marnier on top of the whipped cream and enjoy the coffee drink while sipping the Grand Marnier.
+1

And I thought I was the only one to come up with this combo :LOL: ...

I thought Kahlua and Tia Maria were interchangeable, essentially the same thing. I know many recipes use them as substitutes for each other, so I assume you can't tell much difference unless you're drinking them straight. With a little Googling, evidently they are similar except Kahlua is vodka based with Mexican coffee and Tia Maria is rum based with Jamaican coffee. Learn something every day...

Last edited:
The other post on here about liquor caused me to think this site may be a good resource to post a question about after dinner liqueurs. My wife and I have been on 8 Carribean cruises. One of our favorite after dinner cruise activities is to enjoy the string quartets with their wonderful music while sipping a coffee liqueur. I specifically remember on Holland America they had a menu of about 8 similar coffee drinks which we really enjoyed. I would love to recreate some of these drinks but have been unable to find any recipes for them online. I have Googled online and searched web sites such as Cruise Critic to no avail. Does anyone have any of these recipes to share, or can you point me to a web site? Thanks

I found some in this thread: After Dinner Shot Recipes - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I don't know if these are what you were talking about, and no quantities for ingredients are given (so I guess you'll be forced to keep trying different amounts--such a chore :)), but here are a few from that thread. I like the names of the drinks!

B52: Kahula, Grand Marnier, Baileys

Blue eye Blonde: Creme De Cocao, Blue Curcacoa, Baileys

Cool Runnings: Tia Maria, Creme De Banana, Baileys

Back
Top Bottom