American Airlines and leap year

jjquantz

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW and I made reservations to head to Phoenix so she can see the Cubs at spring training. Reservations are for departure on 3/2. I try to check in this morning and I get a "technical problems" notice and can't check in. So I try to check in through DW's AA frequent flyer account. This shows our departure being on 3/1 with the same Record Locator number. I get customer service on the line and they verify that the reservation is for 3/2 but she reports that "there are some technical problems today". It appears to me that someone forgot 2016 was a leap year.:facepalm:

That's a very early preview of the Y2.1k problem. Year 2100 will be the first since the invention of the electronic computer that is a number evenly divisible by 4 but not a leap year.

That's a very early preview of the Y2.1k problem. Year 2100 will be the first since the invention of the electronic computer that is a number evenly divisible by 4 but not a leap year.

Oh, no, not again!
Do you know how long it took me to finish all those MREs and cans of beans and Spam from the Y2K thing?

And now I have to build another bunker and stock it all over again?

Well, you can just forget it. I've had enough and have no intention of being here then. So there!

I won't be here!

Every date routine has the 4 year, 100 year, and 400 year cycle in it.:p IIRC isn't there an earlier ESAD date like 2044? Whenever the mainframe time of day(TOD clock) resets from fractional milliseconds relative from midnight 1900 to, I assume, midnight 2000.

I seem to recall pre Y2K some fine co-w*rker raising concerns that our efforts should include ANY future date concerns. He chose to raise those in front of the executive responsible for Y2K readiness, it was a short discussion.

OP if it was a leap day issue I wouldn't be surprised and I personally would be ticked!

I doubt that I will ever find out if that was the issue. The good news is that, whatever the issue was, it is now fixed and we are checked in for our flight tomorrow.

Oh, no, not again!
Do you know how long it took me to finish all those MREs and cans of beans and Spam from the Y2K thing?

And now I have to build another bunker and stock it all over again?

Well, you can just forget it. I've had enough and have no intention of being here then. So there!

I still have my entire Y2K preparednes kit. Consists of one double pronged weenie roaster hanging next to the fireplace. Still pristine new, never used.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom