S&P 500 Prediction 2024

OH NO... last 5 days are going down fast...

almost 3% vaporized.

almost 3% vaporized.

Yep, the fire has gone out of the market for now, and the wind seems to be pushing things back down to earth.

almost 3% vaporized.

Yep, the fire has gone out of the market for now, and the wind seems to be pushing things back down to earth.

“One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley.”

Louis Winthorpe III

Inflation is the key IMHO. Apparently, the rate will be high for a while and the FED is not ready to back off.

As of the close today, it would appear I am currently in the lead. Which is great, but I'm rooting for sengsational.

5600. New prediction lol. I know it doesn't count, but based on over a quarter of new information... ;)

I can't remember my original prediction, but do believe we have a significant pullback, which I will buy buy buy, then it will come back around to all time highs again.

60% through the trading year, but 80% from where I would be in a glidepath, so I am behind my guess by about 20% right now, given current levels. Original guestimate of 5451.

5600. New prediction lol. I know it doesn't count, but based on over a quarter of new information... ;)

I can't remember my original prediction, but do believe we have a significant pullback, which I will buy buy buy, then it will come back around to all time highs again.
You sound like the Wall Street strategists who change their predictions each quarter until their final prediction comes out on Dec 30th. Exaggeration but you get my point. lol

And target 2019 pulls into the lead. Congratulations!

I have followed Bob Brinker's theory for decades and it is what it is with respect to my sample set (successful, thus far). Take it for the price you paid for it. The underlying theory is characterizing human sentiment and putting it into practice. Basically, a pullback when followed by two retests of the low is a buying opportunity.

5,254.35 ‎Mar 28, 2024 - high point
4,967.23 ‎Apr 19, 2024 - contraction/correction/pullback testing a low
5,018.39 ‎May 1, 2024 - this is the second retest and signals possible buying opportunity
5,354.03 ‎Jun 5, 2024 - today, this is a micro-example but if you look at the line graph it becomes more clear

Summation of Bob's theory:

Bob Brinker, a well-known financial advisor and radio host, has a theory regarding buying opportunities after a market decline, which he refers to as "two tests of the low." According to Brinker, after a significant drop in the stock market, there are usually two retests of the lowest point (the "low") before the market stabilizes and begins to recover. Here’s a more detailed explanation of this theory:

1. Initial Decline: The market experiences a significant drop, reaching a new low point. This initial decline is often due to a major event or series of events that shake investor confidence.
  2. First Retest: After the initial drop, the market typically rebounds slightly as bargain hunters and short-term traders move in, buying stocks at what they perceive to be a discounted price. However, this rebound is often short-lived, and the market drops again to retest the initial low. This first retest is crucial because it tests the market's resilience and the ability of the initial low to hold.
  3. Second Retest: Following the first retest, the market may again experience a minor recovery as more investors gain confidence. Nevertheless, another decline usually occurs, leading to a second retest of the low. This second retest is considered a critical confirmation point. If the market can hold above or near this low during the second retest, it signals that the low is likely a strong support level, and investor sentiment may be stabilizing.
  4. Buying Opportunity: According to Brinker's theory, the second retest of the low presents a buying opportunity. If the market holds during the second test, it indicates that the worst may be over, and the market is likely to begin a more sustained recovery. Investors who buy during this second retest may be able to purchase stocks at relatively low prices before a more significant market rebound.
Brinker's theory is based on the observation that markets often move in patterns and that psychological factors play a significant role in market behavior. The two retests of the low reflect the market's process of finding a bottom, as investors' fear and uncertainty gradually diminish.

It's important to note that while this theory can provide useful insights, it is not foolproof. Market behavior can be unpredictable, and other factors, such as economic indicators, geopolitical events, and changes in investor sentiment, can influence market movements. Therefore, investors should use this theory in conjunction with other analysis methods and consider their own risk tolerance and investment goals.

Stilling lingering around 12.0% for S&P500. Can I get a LIKE? too optimistic? hihihi

Does the market effect your retirement date? some of my co-worker hold back and worked an few extra years during the last down turns.

Enuff

Back
Top Bottom