And yet another reason to avoid financial planners

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Maybe I'm misreading this linked article from the Atlanta paper about the housing market and its impact on buyers, sellers, brokers, and construction workers:

Housing slump hits Gwinnett | ajc.com

But if you read about The Sellers-The Fields, the guy mentions that the asking price of their home was in the mid $200,000s. They got an offer a month after putting it up for sale: "$25,000 less than the listing price, roughly 20 percent under our asking price."

I haven't taken math in years, but isn't this more like ten percent? :confused: And the punchline is, if you read down to the second to last paragraph, the guy is a financial planner! Scary! Think he's just so used to inflating his performance returns for prospective clients that he automatically adds another ten percent?

But if you read about The Sellers-The Fields, the guy mentions that the asking price of their home was in the mid $200,000s. They got an offer a month after putting it up for sale: "$25,000 less than the listing price, roughly 20 percent under our asking price."

I haven't taken math in years, but isn't this more like ten percent? :confused: And the punchline is, if you read down to the second to last paragraph, the guy is a financial planner! Scary! Think he's just so used to inflating his performance returns for prospective clients that he automatically adds another ten percent?

Not enough info, but nice crack about financial planners..........he probably isn't a CFP, or they WOULD have mentioned that..............O0

Come to think of it, the local American Family agent has started calling himself a financial planner...........glad I'm not one of those.........:D

Back
Top Bottom