Annual SS/Medicare Letter

I don’t think we are getting any emails from Medicare or SSA.gov.

We get lots of email from Medicare, so there must be an account setting somewhere to allow this.

Yes, his Part D is probably included in his Medicare Advantage plan. That said, you can buy MA without a Part D, but can't have a standalone Part D and Medicare Advantage.

- Rita

His MA plan includes Part D coverage. He is also in one of the IRMAA tiers. Just not sure what is correct. At SSA now.

I just looked on the SSA.gov site and there were two documents. One was the updated proof of benefits and the second was under the Messages link. Showed everything I needed. Next year’s will look much better as we drop two IRMAA tiers.

We get lots of email from Medicare, so there must be an account setting somewhere to allow this.

Us too. Sometimes 3 - 4 per month, especially now in open enrollment season.

Had to go through the entire sign up process again. Getting a substantial reduction because I'm in a high IRMAA tier... )-:

I see 2023 benefits message in my messages, but no 2024 yet. Last year's message arrived 11/30/23.

Yesterday i received an email from SSA telling me I had a message. When I logged into DW’s online SS account a pop-up window informed me of the YTY % increase. When I checked messages I found the letter announcing the new pension amount, Medicare B premium, IRMAA amounts for parts B and D, and the net amount to be deposited monthly.

Great new also the IRMAA is reduced. I miscalculated our 2021 taxable income and it slipped just over an IRMAA clip level, a mistake I hope to not repeat.

Yesterday i received an email from SSA telling me I had a message. When I logged into DW’s online SS account a pop-up window informed me of the YTY % increase. When I checked messages I found the letter announcing the new pension amount.

Received mine today.

DH’s showed up in his message box on the 19. The letter is dated Nov 22.

SS notice

Got mine last week but what I actually got was an email that said to log in to my online account and I found it there

I recieved mine yesterday and logged in to messages to find mine. My DW has not gotten hers yet.

Got my email from SSA on the update today at 02:47 AM directing me to check messages in my account. Pretty much the amounts I expected for next year.

Yesterday i received an email from SSA telling me I had a message. When I logged into DW’s online SS account a pop-up window informed me of the YTY % increase. When I checked messages I found the letter announcing the new pension amount, Medicare B premium, IRMAA amounts for parts B and D, and the net amount to be deposited monthly.

Great new also the IRMAA is reduced. I miscalculated our 2021 taxable income and it slipped just over an IRMAA clip level, a mistake I hope to not repeat.

I got this message in my text. I recently updated my log-in to the secure gov. with that 6-digit code they send to verify it's you. Two days later they texted me to sign in to my acct. The PDF showed the 3.2% increase and my new net deposit amt. for Jan. 2024.

I received the Medicare Part B cost letters (for my wife and I) for 2024 premium increases (both basic and IRMAA) this past Saturday. We don't collect Social Security yet, so maybe the timing for the Medicare ONLY letter is different.

We had gotten the Medicare Premium Invoice for MY premiums about two weeks ago for premiums through Feb. 2024 at the OLD rates. This bill was due this past Saturday 11/25. The invoice did state that the premium was "subject to change" based on the new premium rates in effect for 2024 when determined.

Medicare's stand alone premium invoices are terrible! Their calculations of BASIC and IRMAA premiums to arrive at the total are confusing and wrong when they combine months. I have kept a spreadsheet of each of our monthly premiums, so that I can recalculate the amount I am being invoiced and I'm paying to make sure these are all paid. It will get even worse when the increase for 2024 is included in future bills since I've already paid through February of 2024 at the old rates.
I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better / easier from the government.

If you are subject to IRMAA you get billed monthly instead of paying for three months at a time. This at least helps with the new year transition but I can see how an initial bill not aligned for the calendar year would be very confusing for the basic case.

Got my letter for 2024, now where's hers?
:flowers:

I received my email notice this morning at 12:14am. I have not logged onto see the new amounts, but will later today for both DH and I.

Got my letter for 2024, now where's hers?
:flowers:
There are lots of Social Security beneficiaries, so I suspect that their servers space out notifications so they don't overwhelm email systems. The initial email I got in late September said that the final benefit amount would be available until December 5.

If you don't want to wait for the itemized explanation of benefit less detailed deductions, you can always log on to the account and request the Benefit Verification Letter that shows the gross payment less taxes and Medicare, if applicable.

- Rita

My DW got hers yesterday afternoon. We logged in and checked. Because I had already recieved mine we had already figured hers and were off by $3.00 so she is happy.

There are lots of Social Security beneficiaries, so I suspect that their servers space out notifications so they don't overwhelm email systems. The initial email I got in late September said that the final benefit amount would be available until December 5.

If you don't want to wait for the itemized explanation of benefit less detailed deductions, you can always log on to the account and request the Benefit Verification Letter that shows the gross payment less taxes and Medicare, if applicable.

- Rita
Sure, I think most understand that these notices don't get blasted all at once. If they did, this thread wouldn't exist!
:dance:

Too late to test your method now. Hers was updated 11/29/2023, or at least that's when the message notice hit her inbox.

I typically get my Benefits Letter in the US Mail, around the end of November. I keep them all in a binder, all are dated. Nothing has arrived as of Nov 30th, so I tried to login to mySocial website.

Well, my email address has changed since my last login a year ago, which set off a kerfuffle of epic proportions. Now I have to wait until they snail mail me an 'authorization code' so that I can get past the login screen. The website said 7 - 10 business days.

I don't really need to see my numbers on their website. I know approximately what I'm getting, so I'm good. But we want to start DW's claim in 2024 and we'd like to know their system is working.

I received a email but it’s not a big deal since it’s so little money. After they raise my part b premium I end up with $4.00 more a month:)).

Back
Top Bottom