Annuity Question

rembrandt

Recycles dryer sheets
I reworded this question because I think people thought it was an ad. Is anyone familiar with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company? They are listed on Immediate Annuities.com and their payout rate is about 1% higher than the other insurance companies. They have an A- rating with AM Best and S&P. It is tempting to buy an immediate annuity from them but I am not sure if it is too risky. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I'm familiar with them but my experience was over 10 years ago. They're ok but I'm not a fan. Not sure if I would do business with them or not. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

GF has 2 fixed indexed annuities with them. Those are high expense low return products that she needs to unwind, but I am waiting for her to realize how much it is costing her. A Single Premium Immediate Annuity (SPIA) is much simpler product. Their rating Should be listed on Immediateannuity.com
along with the quote. I can't give you personal experience, but they are the best bet for a Multi Year Guaranteed Annuity(MYGA) according to interest being paid.

In the unlikely event that an insurance company goes under each state has a guaranty association that will cover loses up to a certain amount. The amount differs by state, you should be safe as long as you stay under the amount your state covers.

I just purchased a 3 yr MYGA @ 2.4% with American Equity last December. Everything is pretty much straight forward. Be aware of surrender charges that are somewhat steep but pretty much same as other companies that I researched.

Guess I'll see how it works out in December 2023.

I have 3 MYGAs with other companies and if that is the product you are looking at especially only a 3 year period than I would be comfortable using them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom