any cpap users?

bobbyr

Recycles dryer sheets
Checking to see if any CPAP users on here have been navigating the Phillips warning about there noise suppression foam in most of their cpap machines breaking down due to SoClean ozone cleaning?

I am noticing that Phillips cpap inventory is very low and when I registered for a replacement, the website said they were working on new design and it would be a long time before new machines were available.

Just trying to chart a course for replacing a machine I can't live without. Scheduling an apptmt with my sleep doc, to learn more and get a script for a new machine.

I’ve never used the ozone cleaner nor was the machine subject to high humidity, so I’m still using it and placed a particulate filter inline. Received an email from Philips that the FDA had approved replacement. Still says 12 months for replacement.

I’ve never used the ozone cleaner nor was the machine subject to high humidity, so I’m still using it and placed a particulate filter inline. Received an email from Philips that the FDA had approved replacement. Still says 12 months for replacement.

thank you - i have a dreamstation and an older respironics c-class -- both are on the bad list. Have a call into my sleep doctor, so we'll see...I'll update here with whatever I learn.

DH has one of the dream stations that are on the list. He has not registered it.
Never used an ozone cleaner, just the old fashioned soap/water/vinegar.

He stopped using it a while ago. He has never really been comfortable with it, despite trying multiple masks.
DS also has sleep apnea, tried cpap for about a year. He also stopped and refuses to use it anymore.
I wish they would both restart, but it is not my say. They know their diagnosis and risk.

I had a Phillips cpap. I was advised to stop using it, but decided for me it was more important to get good sleep and I was willing to take the risk.
I registered with Phillips on their website.
About a month ago, without warning or a heads up, a new cpap arrived in the mail. I call the clinic because I assumed I’d have to bring it in and have it calibrated, but it was already calibrated and I was told just plug it in and start using .
So far I really like my new Machine. It has a humidifier and it’s very quiet and smaller then my previous machine.

I had a Phillips cpap. I was advised to stop using it, but decided for me it was more important to get good sleep and I was willing to take the risk.
I registered with Phillips on their website.
About a month ago, without warning or a heads up, a new cpap arrived in the mail. I call the clinic because I assumed I’d have to bring it in and have it calibrated, but it was already calibrated and I was told just plug it in and start using .
So far I really like my new Machine. It has a humidifier and it’s very quiet and smaller then my previous machine.

Goldendoodlebug how long ago did you register? I’m hoping the new machines are in order of registration. I registered July 4.

that's encouraging to hear, thanks

DH has one of the dream stations that are on the list. He has not registered it.
Never used an ozone cleaner, just the old fashioned soap/water/vinegar.

He stopped using it a while ago. He has never really been comfortable with it, despite trying multiple masks.
DS also has sleep apnea, tried cpap for about a year. He also stopped and refuses to use it anymore.
I wish they would both restart, but it is not my say. They know their diagnosis and risk.

FWIW to them, I have found the bi-level (BIPAP) machine to be a lot more comfortable vs. the constant pressure (CPAP) machine I started with. It lets me exhale normally, with no resistance.

I haven't cleaned any of my 3 CPAP machines in about 8 years. Haven't replaced any parts, either. I did just register my Dreamstation Go so maybe they will send me a new one at some point.

Goldendoodlebug how long ago did you register? I’m hoping the new machines are in order of registration. I registered July 4.

You know, I don’t remember, but it was shortly after the announcement came out. I happened to be on my electronic record and there was a notice from Phillips. It was at least a month later that a letter from Kaiser arrived informing me of the recall.
I registered right away.
I was actually surprised I got a replacement machine so quickly as the website says up to a year for a replacement.

I have never used a cleaning machine. I use vinegar and water. My friend received a new machine from Resmed which is the one I have.

Back
Top Bottom