Any deals on Quicken and Turbotax ?

Last year I owed so I upped the amount taken out of my pension and now this year I'm getting $3,000 back . After much investigation I have figured out what happened . Now I have to figure out what to do with any extra $3000 ?:)

We can combine our refunds and start a hedge fund :)

I just finished working on our taxes through Vanguard's site with TT Deluxe (yes, free is very good :) ), all done online through the TT site. I'm choosing not to worry about security issues--focusing instead on why I had a bit too much withheld last year ($9,000 refund--oops).
I was talking about the desktop version, not the online version. I would be afraid to trust the online version, although there is probably nothing to worry about.

I am DONE - - DONEDONEDONEDONEDONEDONEDONE!!!! :dance: :clap:

My refund is $1750 which is going straight to my "repay the nestegg for the car"(RTNFTC) fund.

Next year my taxes should be simpler and TurboTax tells me that my estimated taxes will be smaller this year. Less money for the IRS, more money for the RTNFTC fund. :D

I am DONE - - DONEDONEDONEDONEDONEDONEDONE!!!! :dance: :clap:......

I was just surfin' the 'net wastin' time, so I decided I'd go ahead and do my taxes to kill some time......ciphered 'em out just using the IRS's form and instruction book (both in PDF format). And dog gone it.....I gave the gov't a $685 interest free loan last year! Not a whole lot of changes from 2008. I guess I'll have to do some calculating, and file a new W-4P to try to get my stimulus to the gov't lowered this year! :D

At least my refund will cover part of what I paid for some passenger cars and locomotives for my model railroad empire! :)

Costco just mailed out a coupon for money off Quicken and TT. I recycled it because we're not upgrading this year, but if you're a member you should look at the most recent coupon book.

Meant to include with my last post, that T. Rowe-Price offers 35% discount on all of the 'online' TT versions, and 25% discount on all of the 'downloadable' versions. While many places offer the 'online' TT Basic for free....TRP charges for it! What's up with that?! Cheap-skates! Heck, even my local, hometown 'brick & mortar' bank offers that one for free!!! :confused:

Im using BOA its 35% off. The online version that is. Ive used it for 2 years now. Works AOK.

The 2009 tax forms look pretty straightforward so I think I will just use Excel for mine. For me, the main advantage of TC or TT is doing the extra AMT calculation, but since I'm just taking the standard deduction I don't think I need to worry about that this year.

Back
Top Bottom