Any experts in moving violations - 22526(a) ?

wanaberetiree

Full time employment: Posting here.
I am looking for ways to confirm or otherwise that CA CVC 22526(a) is in fact not a moving violation nor a point on your driving record violation.

I got it on my driving record and trying to understand if it was listed there incorrectly and also is it's not moving violation that it won't increase my insurance.

Thx

However, this violation is not a violation point, according to section 12810.4:

"12810.4. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no violation point shall be given for a conviction of a violation of Section 22526. " Call your broker make sure you not getting charged. Give him the above info.

"12810.4. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no violation point shall be given for a conviction of a violation of Section 22526. " Call your broker make sure you not getting charged. Give him the above info.

My insurance Ameriprise states that it's "moving" violation. How do I prove otherwise ?

I am looking for ways to confirm or otherwise that CA CVC 22526(a) is in fact not a moving violation nor a point on your driving record violation.

I got it on my driving record and trying to understand if it was listed there incorrectly and also is it's not moving violation that it won't increase my insurance.

Thx

I've had speeding tickets in 6 states and 2 countries but I have no idea about that.

Sounds like it's time to look for new insurance and find a co. that doesn't count this against you. YMMV

My insurance Ameriprise states that it's "moving" violation. How do I prove otherwise ?

If your insurance company says it's a moving violation, then it probably is - as a matter of their policy. The place to find your answer is in their documentation. If it's specifically stated in their policies that that particular violation is a moving violation, then it is. If, on the other hand, their policies state that they follow state/local/municipal . . . rules for defining what is and what is not a moving violation, then you need to put the law citation in from of them and ask for a correction.

If your insurance company says it's a moving violation, then it probably is - as a matter of their policy. The place to find your answer is in their documentation. If it's specifically stated in their policies that that particular violation is a moving violation, then it is. If, on the other hand, their policies state that they follow state/local/municipal . . . rules for defining what is and what is not a moving violation, then you need to put the law citation in from of them and ask for a correction.

+1 OK what he said.:)

Back
Top Bottom