Any place to input CD with a fixed return?

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I noticed this question was asked before but not answered.

I am inclined to ignore it, mostly. But putting it in as non-inflation adjusted sum kind of undervalues it.

Since my j*b and thus pension is now in grave danger it might really be a moot point, but curious how others have done this.

Input CD with a fixed return in what?

Your pension is in grave danger? Please elaborate.

I wanted to add the CD into firecalc. I do not think "not inflation adjusted" is accurate since it does earn something more than zero but it is not "invested" either exactly.

I should say my job is in danger (not the pension I have accrued to date). But lack of future accruals and such pretty much sets dynamite off at my plan.

A CD would not be included in the Other Income/Spending tab so inflation adjusted or not does not really apply.... CDs would typically be included as part of your overall portfolio on the Start Here tab and considered in the Your Portfolio tab.

The benefit of my DB plan grew 5-7% for each year that I deferred starting my pension ven though I had left the company many years earlier.... does you plan work that way and if it does have you considered that?

A

The benefit of my DB plan grew 5-7% for each year that I deferred starting my pension ven though I had left the company many years earlier.... does you plan work that way and if it does have you considered that?

Nope you start it the official day of retirement if you want health insurance (which is subsidized). But since I am not "old enough" and may not attain correct age it will be moot point.

Thanks on the CD advice, all. I do not include certain assets in the firecalc (like SS) . . . those will be my "oops" fund.

Back
Top Bottom