Anyone else having a Hotmail/Windows Live Hotmail service problem?

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
One of my Hotmail accounts has been out of service for over 14 hours (since ~8 PM HST Mon 20 Oct). I can still log into all the other "Windows Live" stuff but when I try the Hotmail link I get "Windows Live Hotmail wasn't able to complete this request because your account is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I've done the usual "trouble ticket" and feedback actions. At this point all I can do is wait and hope that 10+ years of e-mail hasn't been wiped out by some server crash. Sure, I have an Outlook .pst file downloaded to my hard drive, but that doesn't back up all the contacts and safe lists and other preferences. It also won't stop people from sending e-mail to that address or wondering why it's bouncing.

Any idea what could be causing the problem? Anything else I could be doing to expedite its resolution?

I remember that for the last couple months Microsoft has been threatening to "upgrade" my Hotmail to "Windows Live Hotmail". Has anyone else experienced this outage during an upgrade?

Nords,
I think the outage is the result of the upgrade (although I don't see much difference). I experienced the same thing with one of my accounts, wasn't able to access in the evening but by morning it was fine.

-- Rita

I put in a second (more detailed) trouble ticket around the 16-hour point and stopped checking after the 20-hour point.

It was up when I booted this morning. No explanations, no apologies, my Hotmail account just popped back into existence as if nothing had happened.

I had several unviewed messages stored in different folders but now everything has been viewed. I don't know the significance of that but I can't see any other differences.

It was up when I booted this morning. No explanations, no apologies, my Hotmail account just popped back into existence as if nothing had happened.

Yup. That was my experience too.

-- Rita

Back
Top Bottom