Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

Clicked on "+Quote" to try and reply to someone and no pop-up appeared.
Go to the reply window at the bottom of the thread. Below that, a new button has appeared "Insert quotes".
After you press that the pop up opens and you can insert the quotes to start your message.

Click on Reply instead...
Exactly. Pressing the reply button in the post quotes the post. The +quote button copies the post so you can multiple quote two or more posts when you hit a reply button.

This must already been covered but what's the difference between "what's new" and "new posts"? They seem to be the same.

This must already been covered but what's the difference between "what's new" and "new posts"? They seem to be the same.
You can setup filters on "new posts" such as to show only unread (that may even be the default, but it's how I have mine set). What's New still shows a thread after you have read it with no filter option. What's New only shows 10 threads also.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, once you mark them read, they stay for 4 days and then disappear. They don't disappear immediately, just in case you accidentally marked something read and wanted to go back to it.
I'm slow and old and I must have missed that info you mentioned. Thank You Gumby!!!

I'm slow and old and I must have missed that info you mentioned. Thank You Gumby!!!
Sunday and Tuesday
So working as advertised.

Clicked on "+Quote" to try and reply to someone and no pop-up appeared.
Notice it changes to "-Quote". Then when you press "Reply" it shows up in the edit box.

Is there a way to see all one's thread subscriptions and adjust them accordingly like in the previous software. There used to be a subscription menu option in the personal profile section (User CP). I cannot seem to find one if there is. TIA

would still like a dark mode where forum posts can be read as white text on a black background.

I have dark theme in my OS's. It's also in the browser.

Now that you've mentioned that, is there an app?

I would like to change the name of my MYGA Thread to reflect a more general title. I cannot seem to find a title edit function on it.

I would like to change this one:

MYGA Company Ratings. AMBest "A vs A+ vs A++" Does it really Matter?​

To:

Best MYGA (Multi Year Guaranteed Annuities) Thread 2024 - Please post updates here.​

Help would be appreciated. In addition, if my relevant posts (Not the responses to criticism ones) from the CD, MM thread could be ported to it that would be excellent.

I would like to change the name of my MYGA Thread to reflect a more general title. I cannot seem to find a title edit function on it.

I would like to change this one:

MYGA Company Ratings. AMBest "A vs A+ vs A++" Does it really Matter?​

To:

Best MYGA (Multi Year Guaranteed Annuities) Thread 2024 - Please post updates here.​

Help would be appreciated. In addition, if my relevant posts (Not the responses to criticism ones) from the CD, MM thread could be ported to it that would be excellent.
The thread title was changed. I would suggest you and other interested members can just copy the posts you are interested in and paste in this thread as a new post,

IIRC, there used to be a "Search This Thread" option. I can't find it now - am I missing something?

I wanted to search the "What New Series Are You Watching" for any references to a particular show, and I had to search "all forums" using the name of the show. Luckily the results returned a reference to the show in that "new series" thread.

Also, search results used to be highlighted in red and bold (I think?) and I noticed this time it simply displayed the post with the name of the show, but it wasn't highlighted in any way. I almost missed seeing it as a result.

Is this how searching will work going forward?

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, there used to be a "Search This Thread" option. I can't find it now - am I missing something?

I wanted to search the "What New Series Are You Watching" for any references to a particular show, and I had to search "all forums" using the name of the show. Luckily the results returned a reference to the show in that "new series" thread.

Also, search results used to be highlighted in red and bold (I think?) and I noticed this time it simply displayed the post with the name of the show, but it wasn't highlighted in any way. I almost missed seeing it as a result.

Is this how searching will work going forward?

Thanks in advance.
If you open the thread you want to search, and click on search in the upper right, you can change the selection from "everywhere" to "this thread". I found it highlights the search word in black bold text in the relevant posts with the keyword. That's what I see in Firefox on Windows, Mobile may be different.

Look at this:

IMG_0810.jpeg

If I have "posts messages on your profile page" off does that mean no one can DM me? Not my intention. Not sure what some of the options mean that I keep randomly unchecking.

If I have "posts messages on your profile page" off does that mean no one can DM me? Not my intention. Not sure what some of the options mean that I keep randomly unchecking.
No, that means they can't post messages on your profile page. There's another option for starting conversations.

I want to get emails to notify me of updates to my watched threads. I checked the email box but still not getting email notifications. :confused:

No, that means they can't post messages on your profile page. There's another option for starting conversations.
I didn't know anyone could to begin with but thanks. I certainly never noticed if anyone did before.

Back
Top Bottom