Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms G and I were sucked into an inexpensive Sea of Cortez small ship cruise in November. Did we care that the Cabo airport is still closed, hey that's why it's call an adventure cruise.

Attachments

• Accident.jpg
    Accident.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 306
Especially for newlyweds and others still of child bearing age or otherwise fertile.

You guys are looking in the wrong state. Try the southern part of PA. I can think of three towns in a small area. Might make some folks blush.:what::confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Spent 5 days in NOLA, took a carriage ride through the Garden District, ate BBQ shrimp, had chicory coffee and beignets. Met a group of friends for a jazz brunch at the Court of Two Sisters and won money at Harrahs!

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1412995641.512812.jpg

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1412995626.604845.jpg

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1412995597.443640.jpg

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1412995611.768148.jpg

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1412995655.241272.jpg

Last edited:
Just back from 10 days in Paris. This was our retirement treat to ourselves. It was absolutely fabulous. I don't think it is possible to have a bad meal there.

Got back last week from a 3-week visit to meet my newly-found 2nd cousin once removed (found via www.23andme.com DNA testing) who lives in Germany and has a second home in France.

It turned out to be an amazing experience: meeting her, her husband, their families and friends. Fond memories that I will always treasure.

omni

We have a 70th BDay Celebration RV Rally in early December at a state park near Oceanside, CA. The gals in the club decided to all buy matching PJ's, with another set on hand for the birthday girl.

The things you do for friends . . .

Attachments

• Flannels.jpg
    Flannels.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 16
So far.......

11/20-12/5: Disney World

12/27-1/3: Estes Park / Rocky Mountain National Park

3/6-3/21: Back to Orlando for some volunteer work and Sea World/Universal/Discovery Cove/Disney

6/6-6/20: Key Largo / Islamorada / Key West

8/9-8/16: 7-Day Cruise

Estes Park is beautiful!! But wow it is going to be cold then! We did the Trail Ridge Road in early June and it was awesome but amazingly cold up there. One of our favorite stops from our summer travels.

I went to Disney a few weeks ago. Just wow. Not my thing, but we had a great time.

We gave DS9 a choice - beach or snow for the week after Christmas?

Having never really experienced snow, he chose that. Maybe a snowmobile ride or two would be nice as well.

Found what appeared to be a pretty decent 2 bedroom condo in Estes Park for $940 for the week but went to reserve it this morning and found it had just been reserved for our dates. Darn.

Heading down to our place in the Baja for my first post-ER tropical vacation. Though the very definition of "vacation" is forever changed now that I don't have a job.

A little nervous to see the after effects of Hurricane Odile - despite the herculean efforts by the Mexican government to rebuild, from the pictures I've seen, it will be many years until things will be back to normal. I can't wait to see my Mexican friends, most of whom work in businesses related to tourism... they have been hit hard.

On a positive note, our condo seems to have survived the storm virtually unscathed.

Tomorrow my DW and I are leaving the kids with my mother and cruising from Barcelona to Lisbon. In every port we do a supported bike tour of the area. As the Fall "gray season" has descended here in Northern New England, I am looking forward to the sun for 10 days.

Las Vegas next month...3 nights comped Cosmopolitian, $100 food/$520 freeplay and 3 nights comped Wynn, $400 freeplay.

We gave DS9 a choice - beach or snow for the week after Christmas?

Having never really experienced snow, he chose that. Maybe a snowmobile ride or two would be nice as well.

Found what appeared to be a pretty decent 2 bedroom condo in Estes Park for $940 for the week but went to reserve it this morning and found it had just been reserved for our dates. Darn.

Christmas is a popular time for good reason, with the snow it would be gorgeous. Walked outside this morning 7 turkeys were walking up to the front door.

Not sure about restaurants, we've found 2 I won't go back to. There was two different ones last time that were great.

It looks like 36 is open all the way. There may be a few delays, still some signs, last night there were none. Except the bull elk walking down the middle of the road. Enjoy your time.

Edit to add: If you've never been here the humidity is very low IMHO. Drink lots of water, then drink more.

Last edited:
Here's our scheduled 2015 trips so far, a bit dialed back from prior ER years to allow us to visit and help with our new grandbaby:

January- 10 days in Palm Springs with our RV to attend the International Film Festival.

April- 21 days in France, starting with 9 in Paris.

July/August- 6-week RV Trip up through the Sierra Nevadas (CA) and Cascades (OR), then back down via the coastal route.

After that we will likely spend the rest of the year indulging, again, in our new grandbaby. I expect a return to 'normal' in 2016, starting with a month long trip in January to New Zealand.

February 2015 - road trip (retirement celebration with DH). We live in the Seattle area and are headed South (down the coast) then East then North again. No time limit set yet. It is a wait and see trip. We can stay gone as long as we want. We have a 17' travel trailer we will be using - so there might be a purchase to size up to a bigger trailer if we feel the need. So excited! More trips next year just not planned yet.

Leaving next week on a 7 day cruise out of Houston. Booked it on a whim late one night; price was quite good for an oceanview. To ports we care nothing about and the added fees & expenses make --what seemed like such a great bargain late that night--seem maybe not so great. Plus, not the months to research and figure out best excursions - if we did want to disembark at ports.

Am I excited to stay in Kemah, TX one night and then cruise, perhaps staying on the boat for most of those days:confused: HECK, YEAH!!!! :dance:

Had afternoon tea at Bellagios today, also attached is my room at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Friday I check into Wynn.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1415247957.493644.jpg

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1415247992.704943.jpg

Flights are booked for PV Nov 15th. Getting invitations to parties and events already.

ROMEO groups is already functioning. I will join them Nov 17th.

(My lawyer and my acupuncturist will be there this year.)

We fly to Bangkok on New Years eve. Plan to spend time in Thailand, Malaysia, and then Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom