Anyone here a dream interpreter?

Nuiloa

Recycles dryer sheets
I had the strangest dreams last night. Normally, I sleep like a rock and don't recall dreams. Last night, I kept getting jolted awake by really bizarre dreams:

a) I was driving and put on the brakes but drove into the back of a very high black pickup truck. Oddly, my car had no front end, so my legs were crushed between my car and the axle.

b) someone broke in and was just staring at me from the doorway. I had a sense of evil, but he didn't move

c) I was a child and was abandoned to go live in foster care because no one loved me. (that one is probably pretty easy to interpret:duh: )

d) I get a phone call and someone has been in an accident.

And I have had a vague, uneasy feeling all day that something bad is about to happen. My heart is pounding and I've had difficulty breathing for a couple of days (asthma) - nothing to get excited about.

Absolutely nothing has changed in my life - although I did have a lot of visitors last week.

I'm driving 2 hours to go to a hot springs tonight. Maybe that will help me relax.

Anyone care to guess what the heck it all means?

Nui

No, I have no idea what the dreams mean. However, I thought I'd mention a related matter. Like you, in the past, I never remembered my dreams, but since I retired, I often do remember, now. My dreams themselves aren't very interesting -- last night I was going to be late for an important appointment. But that's a common sort of dream, I believe.

Aloha,

I tend to really follow my gut instincts. Something is telling me to be careful. I'm going to drive really slowly this weekend.

Nui

Wow, your dreams last night sounded really unnerving.

For comparison, last night I dreamed that my daughter was about 9 years old again, and we were at a roadside hotdog stand. She couldn't decide whether to order cola or something called "mystery drink", so I told her that I would order the cola and if she didn't like the mystery drink we could trade. It turned out to be grape and she loved it.

My interpretation of my own dream: I miss the days when she was a little girl and we had lots of daily mommy-daughter fun and give-and-take. But overall my dream sounds so normal and placid compared with yours!

Assuming that you aren't sick and didn't eat any bad food, I think you are on the right track. I can't see that it would do any harm to play it safe for a few days, and that might help you deal with it.

Nuiloa-

Although I don't always have bad dreams, in my dreams, cars and phones are always bad. Just like in a Steven King novel, cars refuse to obey the wheel, or the brakes won't work, or my feet can't reach the pedals. Any time the phone rings, I know there will be something/somebody bad on the other end. I believe these dreams mean something in my life is out of control, or about to become so.

Amethyst

I figure that dreams are simply the result of the brain doing a random 'data dump' of all the superfluous information your mind has accumulated over the short term.........while one part of the brain is eliminating this overload in a willy-nilly fashion another part is attempting to make some sense of it......like trying to glue shredded documents back together.....unsuccessfully....so that it ends up like a bad movie, no theme.

BWTFDIK?

I had the strangest dreams last night. Normally, I sleep like a rock and don't recall dreams. Last night, I kept getting jolted awake by really bizarre dreams:

a) I was driving and put on the brakes but drove into the back of a very high black pickup truck. Oddly, my car had no front end, so my legs were crushed between my car and the axle.

b) someone broke in and was just staring at me from the doorway. I had a sense of evil, but he didn't move

c) I was a child and was abandoned to go live in foster care because no one loved me. (that one is probably pretty easy to interpret:duh: )

And I have had a vague, uneasy feeling all day that something bad is about to happen. My heart is pounding and I've had difficulty breathing for a couple of days (asthma) - nothing to get excited about.

Absolutely nothing has changed in my life - although I did have a lot of visitors last week.

I'm driving 2 hours to go to a hot springs tonight. Maybe that will help me relax.

Anyone care to guess what the heck it all means?

Nui

It means you are gay. Start going to the correct bars/parades.

At the hot springs be sure to order three Martinis. Stirred, not shaken.

It means you are gay. Start going to the correct bars/parades.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::facepalm:

IMHO, dreams mean nothing - in reality of our lives.

Anybody that wishes to link a dream to reality is just trying to link an "odd situation" to what is real life - nothing more than that.

However, I won't say you are incorrect in your question. It's human nature to link an "event" (not reality) to life (reality), IMHO.

I'm not a dream intepreter. but what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Don't take my comments too seriously. I'm a FIREd Engineer. ;)

You have control (driving and braking), but no protection (no front end) from harm (leg injury).

b) someone broke in and was just staring at me from the doorway. I had a sense of evil, but he didn't move.
You feel vulnerable.

Someone you trusted "abandoned" you, again a "no protection" situation.

Something is unresolved and you are expecting/dreading a bad outcome.

I have wierd dreams every once in a while. They feature familiar faces but the people in my dreams get inserted into places they don't belong, or do things they wouldn't have in real life. Must have been the pepperoni pizza. ;)

I hope your hot springs visit helped. :flowers:

Nemo2 is correct. When you sleep your brain is shooting random electrical signals, and the logical part of your brain is doing its best to make sense of those random signals, which become those weird dreams.

Nemo2 is correct. When you sleep your brain is shooting random electrical signals, and the logical part of your brain is doing its best to make sense of those random signals, which become those weird dreams.
Perhaps. But even if this is true, that does not mean that searching for meaning in these dreams is useless. People pay over $200/hr to have done Rorschach tests, and TAT tests. At worst, dreams are inexpensive looks at the way one interprets ambiguous stimuli at given juncture in life, without the censorship of the awake, conscious mind.

Ha

Perhaps. But even if this is true, that does not mean that searching for meaning in these dreams is useless. People pay over $200/hr to have done Rorschach tests, and TAT tests.
Certainly not useless for whomever is conducting the tests and pocketing the cash.;)

After the thread where multiple people were adamant about ghosts and haunted houses, I thought there'd be much more irrationality in this thread.. I was pleasantly surprised.

Also brewer made me lol. :D

OMG! The crazy dreams keep coming. Last night, I dreamed I was sitting in a room when a small brown and white monkey came up and bit my pinky finger. I spent the rest of the night alternately chasing him or holding him by the scruff of the neck and begging someone to find me a box and a banana to feed him. I was also arguing that I didn't need a rabies shot because he didn't break the skin.

I am definitely going to get a cat scan if this keeps up :crazy:

I am definitely going to get a cat scan if this keeps up :crazy:
Forget the scan, just get a cat......they're good with monkeys. ;)

These are clear signs you are working too hard.

Dream interpretation is at best meaningless, at worst dangerous. There is no published psychological research on it. Anyone claiming to be able to interpret dreams is somewhere between moderately deluded and - especially if asking for $ - abusing your trust. Please, just walk away from those people.

The few dreams I remember these days are bad dreams and they wake me up. They reflect my fears. No mystery.

A year or two ago I had a very strong premonition of death, alone in a far place, but it did not happen. That was very vivid and it shook me up.

The brain plays tricks on us. It is a screenwriter in the dark.

Last night, I dreamed I was sitting in a room when a small brown and white monkey came up and bit my pinky finger. I spent the rest of the night alternately chasing him or holding him by the scruff of the neck and begging someone to find me a box and a banana to feed him. I was also arguing that I didn't need a rabies shot because he didn't break the skin.
I guess the monkey must have been your father, and your pinky is your clitoris. You needed to fend off his advances or propitiate him. Fortunately, despite your fears, he didn't penetrate you. Overall, it seems you are resolving these old family conflicts which (according to Freud, anyway) we all have.

I guess the monkey must have been your father, and your pinky is your clitoris. You needed to fend off his advances or propitiate him. Fortunately, despite your fears, he didn't penetrate you. Overall, it seems you are resolving these old family conflicts which (according to Freud, anyway) we all have.
A hard serve right down the centerline to the rightie's back hand. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom