Anyone taken a G tour/vacation?

Scuba

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
At a recent travel show, we picked up brochures from G adventure travel. The trips seem reasonably priced and to have interesting itineraries. Anyone traveled with them?

Thanks! We are also divers and have not as of yet done tour vacations. What are your favorite dive destinations? We liked Palau, Fiji, Indonesia for the diving but also love the vibe in the Caribbean. Going to the Virgin Islands for 2-3 months for our retirement celebratory trip! [emoji225]

We haven't dove enough. :) Thus, our "favorites" are mostly places we haven't dove yet.

More seriously, since starting mostly week-every-year-diving in 1987, we have only repeated Caymans (Little, especially) and Cozumel--very good caribbean diving, easy to get to from east of rockies (especially COZ).

Los Roques islands in Venezuela were also very good caribbean diving, but that was long ago.

Once retired, repeating 10-day Fiji liveaboard next year (agree with you on that one!). Tuamotu atolls in French Polynesia were great; although we enjoyed GBR in australia, we were very new divers (1990) and can't really say much about it. Haven't hit Palau or Indonesia yet...

Bonaire is our favorite. No schedule shore diving. Plenty of rental condos. Good grocery stores if you're staying for longer trips. We're planning a month trip maybe later this year.
We like Roatan but won't go back due to the sand fleas. Grand Turk was nice but groceries were hard to find, best to stay at one of the small all-inclusives.

Bonaire is our favorite. No schedule shore diving. Plenty of rental condos. Good grocery stores if you're staying for longer trips. We're planning a month trip maybe later this year.
We like Roatan but won't go back due to the sand fleas. Grand Turk was nice but groceries were hard to find, best to stay at one of the small all-inclusives.

I agree re lack of quality groceries on Grand Turk, and "no see ums" in Honduras. We cut a vacation in Utila short due to the bugs there. Haven't been to GBR or Little Cayman yet but also agree Bonaire has great diving.

Note that Little Cayman, even though it has grown to 200 residents and upgraded to a paved runway, has little in the way of groceries. We had good results with one of the dive/fish resorts in 2016. (We are among the many undercurrent.org reviews for the island and its operators.)

My son (late twenties in age) took a G-tour hiking to Machu Picchu. He really enjoyed the experience. It was a younger crowd - perhaps an average age of late thirties or so. The small group was composed of people from Canada, and Europe; he was the only American.
It could have been that this was a hiking focused tour, but I have the impression that they cater to a younger demographic.

My son (late twenties in age) took a G-tour hiking to Machu Picchu. He really enjoyed the experience. It was a younger crowd - perhaps an average age of late thirties or so. The small group was composed of people from Canada, and Europe; he was the only American.
It could have been that this was a hiking focused tour, but I have the impression that they cater to a younger demographic.

They have some tours that are explicitly age limited. From looking at the site after this thread started, that includes some of the Peru outings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom