Anyone tried Tepezcohuite cream?

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I bought this after reading about how it's used to heal the skin of burn victims.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tepezcohuite

"Despite claims that tepezcohuite can treat various skin issues such as skin aging, acne, and psoriasis, no research trials are available on the subject.

Given that tepezcohuite is high in antioxidants, lipids, and tannins that support skin healing and rejuvenation, it may, theoretically, have potentially beneficial effects on other skin conditions as well"

The no research part gave me pause. But what over-the-counter product can claim research? Especially aging skin research. Most of the time it's BS. I could not believe the cost either. $13 on Amazon. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this miracle cream.

I have not tried it Rianne.

I recently saw two videos regarding a small prospective study regarding the effects of topicals (one re: 15% glycolic acid/ an estradiol cream or a combo over a six month period. [A doctor should be consulted prior to incorporating a the topical estradiol.] The best results were with the combo (increasing epidural thickness), but there were significant improvements with gycolic acid alone - allegedly 27 percent .

The 15% is rather strong for me to use daily, but the video inspired me to dig out a bottle of 12% glycolic acid and add it into my morning routine.

I had a small reaction but I think it was from the fragrance. So I bought this instead. I'll chime back in after I use it for a while. Plus it's made in the U.S. from a recognized dermatology company and is fragrance-free.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyaluronic-N...-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

I look forward to your review. I see it also as shea butter and hyaluronic acid. (Coincidentally, I fell asleep last night to a video review of studies concerning hyaluronic acid.).

There are too many quacks and too many charlatans. Why pay attention to this kind of stuff?

There are too many quacks and too many charlatans. Why pay attention to this kind of stuff?

Because I want healthy smooth skin. And I refuse plastic surgery or Botox or chemical peels. This product sounds promising. Here's more info in case you're interested.:)

"Tepezcohuite, also known by the name mimosa tenuiflore, is a bark tree native to southern Mexico. It has a long history in traditional medicine in the region, often referred to as the skin tree for its skin healing properties. Traditionally it was ground into a powder and then formed into a paste that was applied to the wound. There is some historical record that suggests that it was used by the Mayans to treat burns and cuts."

"In more recent history, tepezcohuite was used by the Red Cross after the San Juanico disaster in Mexico City to treat the burns of 500 survivors of a gas explosion. Its ability to heal the skin was noticed after the 1984 explosion and was later used again to treat the injuries of the Michoacán earthquake survivors in 1986. Tepezcohuite’s properties have not been confirmed in scientific research, mostly due to a lack of funding for research into this ingredient. However, anecdotally, it is claimed that the bark has highly potent skin regenerative abilities and can heal burns by promoting healing and the growth of healthy skin. Tepezcohuite’s skincare properties are suspected of coming from the high content of nutrients in its bark."

https://thedermreview.com/tepezcohuite/

Purchasing any skincare items from Amazon would be my first concern. Amazon is rife with counterfeit products. It's easy for foreign manufacturers to copy US goods and sell them on Amazon. So many - Birkenstock, Nike, vitamin/supplement brands, skincare ... there are many well publicized cases of fakes and adulterated products. Might want to source your skin products from a reputable company directly, or a US retailer that cares about origin, counterfeits etc..... Amazon is not that company.

Yeah, I see it’s a native name for a mimosa species. We have another native here named “Huisache” that’s used in the perfume industry.

My DH said my skin looks smoother and fresh. I apply at night and during the day under make-up. I have the "elevens" between my eyebrows and they're less noticeable. I don't know if this is the placebo effect. But it seems to be working.

There's good evidence (clinical & scientific) for hyaluronic acid (HA). The product you purchased prominently lists HA as an ingredient, so you may have such results. Quality topical HA provides good skin hydration. (= smoothing, hydrating, creating a firmer texture/feel, helps reduce the visibility of fine lines)

I don't buy skincare products on Amazon. My previous post above discusses this. There are many examples of counterfeit products sold on amazon, adulterated products.... buy your skincare and health products from a source that is reliable and does not have known issues with counterfeit products. Be safe.

I never have used that product, but I have used Lubriderm for over 50 years after every shower and face washing.

I am a male and I know not many males use a face moisturizing health cream. I have because of my outdoor exposure in all weather conditions I was in.

I believe it has done me well over the years and I believe it has saved me from extreme skin weathering.

Back
Top Bottom