Anyone use a barking dog alarm?

There is one mechanical dog bark machine that you can switch the sounds to waterfall, which I thought sounded kinda cool. It would let you know within 25 feet if someone was outside the door. I liked that idea, anyway.

I would end up having to pee every time someone came close to the house.

There is one mechanical dog bark machine that you can switch the sounds to waterfall,

These are effective with burglars who can't swim.

The heck with barking dogs and firearms... the only things in this house of any value already know how to run like hell.

Seriously and back to the point, for a dog sound to be convincing and life like, it needs power (dynamic range) in the lower end of the voice frequency range (100Hz). So if you could put it through a good stereo and if it was recorded properly, it would be convincing.

So I guess that the ones you buy don't have that kind of punch.

E86

Before my Lab died last year, he would alert and my cat would scurry for cover (scaredy cat?) and then he would communicate to us that things were not normal to him. Now, the cat just hides.

He was always on duty and never complained at all that we let him reside indoors for 90% of his life. I miss that mutt.

Anyone use a barking dog alarm

No need at all..my 5 dogs make more than enough noise to frighten all but the most determined who come to my door.

Back
Top Bottom