Anyone use Google Docs spreadsheets?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I use basic Excel reasonably well but when I try to use the spreadsheets
in Google Docs, I have problems.
Ex 1: in col 1, I have a column of numbers and create the sum of the column;
when I try to copy and paste that formula to other columns, it generally has not worked. However, yesterday, doing exactly the same thing, it worked
but when I tried to replicate today, it did not. Not only did it not work, but
all the numbers and the sum in column 1 disappeared. What's my probbem?
In case it's relevant, the internet connection is a municipal wifi network which is usually ok but not particularly strong.

when I try to copy and paste that formula to other columns, it generally has not worked. However, yesterday, doing exactly the same thing, it worked
In case it's relevant, the internet connection is a municipal wifi network which is usually ok but not particularly strong.
With any web application like Google Docs, there is a great deal of web page updating. I have had problems with wifi connections as you have, at home and at a client site when the signal is not strong. You probably have a great deal of signal interference in your setting. It might help to set up a wireless access point near your desk, or even upgrade the wireless to a newer standard.

I use them a lot. Pasting formulas works all the time. I can't think of anything that would cause the act of copying to work just like cutting, unless of course you accidentally hit the wrong key. You might try right-clicking to select copy and paste, or using the menu.

This should not have anything to do with your wifi connection.

Thanks Target2019 and dixonge for your input. I'll give it another try w/
your info in mind. btw......forgot to mention this is on MacBook....I'm
inferring that dixonge, at least, was successful on Mac? based on i-photo
comments.

yep, on a Mac, but I also edit the spreadsheets from PC's at work, both using the Firefox browser.

Back
Top Bottom