Anyone Using CV19 Exposure Notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to go for it. App now installed.

My state just started using Exposure Notifications on Monday.

I turned it on late Monday. The phone was at home with me the entire time. This morning (Tuesday) I turned it on and noticed the battery charge level was very low. Apparently, Exposure Notification had used 52% of my iPhone's battery in about 16 hours. I have an iPhone SE running the most current iOS.

Does anybody else have battery drain problems when running Exposure Notificiation?

My state just started using Exposure Notifications on Monday.

I turned it on late Monday. The phone was at home with me the entire time. This morning (Tuesday) I turned it on and noticed the battery charge level was very low. Apparently, Exposure Notification had used 52% of my iPhone's battery in about 16 hours. I have an iPhone SE running the most current iOS.

Does anybody else have battery drain problems when running Exposure Notificiation?

I too noticed this problem on an earlier version of exposure notification that was released by my state - it was the highest user at about 30% of battery resources. They released a newer version a few days ago and now the consumption has dropped by half.

Not optimal, but still for the value it provides I am willing to live with it for the next 3-6 months.

I was worried about the battery issue too. Turns out I don't even notice a difference.

Let me check now... Android says it used 0%. Seems to be my experience in that I don't notice it.

Android 9, Moto G6

Just checked the battery usage of the app on my iPhone and it is less than 1%.

iPhone XS iOS 14.2

I have the app on my phone. My only problem is that I rarely have my phone on my person. I have been making a real effort to take it with me if I leave the house.

The app was introduced in Connecticut about 3 weeks ago. According to our governor in his press conference yesterday, so far over 20% of the people in our state have loaded it. He said that is the highest rate in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom