Apple Vision Pro

Reviving this thread because I finally got to see one of these things the other day. My seatmate on a flight wore it for nearly the whole trip, a little over an hour.

I found it fascinating to watch him constantly making micro-gestures with thumb and forefinger, and occasionally raising his hand to make larger gestures. Frankly, I thought it just looked kind of weird.

As we made the descent to the airport and he put it away, I asked him for his opinion. He said the strong point was that it's "totally immersive" and easy to forget that you're not in the real world while using it. But aside from that I didn't get the impression that although he liked it, he wasn't totally enthusiastic about it.

Interesting. DH recently sent me a video where people relate their experiences:

Last edited:
I liked it quite a bit.
The reason I returned it was that the 'optic ID' feature would not work for me.
Went in to have them reset it and check the fitting. Still would not work reliably for me.

I have recently had eye surgery, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
I figure technology will continue to improve and my eye will continue to heal. So I hope in a year or so I can give it another shot.

I watched all the Marcus youtube videos for Apple Vision when it came out and I agree that they're pretty good. I always enjoy his reviews.

I was surprised at how small the device was when I saw it in the Apple Store. I haven't tried it yet and at the time, there were no demo spots available. I should check again and make an appointment to try it out.

I suspect the coolest use cases for me would be watching movies/tv shows and using it as an external display for my mac. It could easily replace a monitor. My only concern is wearing it for extended periods of time, but I'd have to try it and see.

I'm not in a hurry though. I'll likely wait till the next gen after they've had time to work out a few kinks (and hopefully come out with a less expensive version).

Back
Top Bottom