Applied for my SS online, have a phone interview next month.

I have a very basic question about starting SS payments. When I apply and I want my first check to come in May 2023, do I apply for SS to start in April 2023 (because the 1st check comes the next month)? Or do I apply for SS to start in May 2023? I'm not very clear on that.

You would start your SS benefits in April which will be paid in May.
If you are not FRA then your prorated amount will be based on your age in April.

My wife just had her online application approved.

They had a single question in the phone interview. Why did she receive two W-2s for similar amounts from the same employer in 1994?

After some back and forth, we concluded it was because we got married in 1994 and she moved state-to-state midyear. Because the total of the two was similar to what she had made the year before and the year after, the SSA employee approved the application.

What they appeared to be concerned with was the possibility that one was an original, and one corrected. In that case, she would not have received the sum of the two in income that year.

My wife just had her online application approved.

They had a single question in the phone interview. Why did she receive two W-2s for similar amounts from the same employer in 1994?

Thud. The time to ask about 1994 earnings was 1995 not 29 years later. [emoji38]

I have a very basic question about starting SS payments. When I apply and I want my first check to come in May 2023, do I apply for SS to start in April 2023 (because the 1st check comes the next month)? Or do I apply for SS to start in May 2023? I'm not very clear on that.

Ask it to start on the month of your birthday.

Got an email today stating my SS application status has changed. I checked SSA.GOV and showed my application completed and approved Today 2-2-2023, and that I will get a confirmation letter in 10 to 15 days. I guess that is good. :dance:

The Advisory was posted today on SSA.gov. Our total SS when I get mine in a couple of months will be almost 3 x mandatory our monthly expenses. BUT, our taxes will go up substantially in 2023 and we will need to pay a lot back to the ACA. But all in all it is worth a :dance:.

The Advisory was posted today on SSA.gov. Our total SS when I get mine in a couple of months will be almost 3 x mandatory our monthly expenses. BUT, our taxes will go up substantially in 2023 and we will need to pay a lot back to the ACA. But all in all it is worth a :dance:.
How are you on ACA at age 69?

Back
Top Bottom