Arbonne International

FDCaptain

Dryer sheet aficionado
Anyone have any experience with Arbonne products?

Any experience with multi-level marketing sales?

Thanks!

FDCaptain

Is this a joke?

Arbonne is the joke...I knew someone who got sucked into this, it's a lot like Amway, and a good way to reduce your circle of friends and relatives....hmm, maybe there is an opportunity here.

Multi-level marketing companies are strongly associated with pyramid schemes. Having said that, I have some knowledge of the Amway business plan, but none of the company mentioned.

Last edited:
Google "multi-level marketing" and the top entries include "The Ten Big Lies of MLM", "MLM Watch" (Exposes pyramid schemes get-rich hype and dubious product claims), "The Mirage of MLM", etc.

It appears that being able to tell a legitimate MLM from a Ponzi scheme is an important skill to have before getting involved.

The FTC offers some info on the basic things to look out for. Multilevel Marketing Plans

Other than that my issue with the concept is that once you have sold all you can to your friends, family and coworkers (and yourself), you're stuck with cold-calling. That's always been a tough way to make a living.

I think the only people who ever make any real money in these deals are the guys who started it and the people who are really good at selling the system (i.e. recruiting [-]new suckers to sign up to sell[/-] a downline) rather than the product.

I have a casual acquaintance who sells their products and uses them herself. She gave me some samples, which I gave to a friend, who loved them but didn't buy anything. It's side income for her, not full-time, and I'm not sure how long she's been doing it, nor how much she makes from it.

OK, I can't resist any longer...

It's like putting lipstick on a pig...

I have heard that one before...but it is funny.

For the record just in case there are any PETA members on the forum I have no knowledge of nor do I condone the actions of bigwonderfulwyoming once lipstick is on said pig.....;)

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Given the product Arbonne sells, it would seem appropriate to the OP.

Attachments

• BlogLipstickPig.jpg
    BlogLipstickPig.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 103
A friend of mine was into Arbonne and now they are into ACN phones. I try to avoid the sales pitch .

If you are going to do MLM... it is best to be on top of the pyramid.

Are you recruiting or being recruited? If you are being recruited... run away. If you are recruiting, I'll run away. ;)

If you are going to do MLM... it is best to be on top of the pyramid.

Are you recruiting or being recruited? If you are being recruited... run away. If you are recruiting, I'll run away. ;)

A guy I work with has a family member involved. Just curious if anybody had any knowledge of them. I am not being recruited and I am not interested. I would not make a good salesman.

Thanks for replies.

A guy I work with has a family member involved. Just curious if anybody had any knowledge of them. I am not being recruited and I am not interested. I would not make a good salesman.

Thanks for replies.

I had a family member who got involved with Arbonne. The experience was not positive. She is no longer involved, because no one else was really interested in no-name cosmetics. Most women have very strong brand preferences. A lot of people would try something once, then go back to their old tried and true. Repeat business was nil. Their pyramid scheme is predicated on repeat business, and rapid expansion. She found little opportunity for either. I guess she wasn't a good salesman, either. (at least that is what her sponsor told her when she bailed out..):)

Back
Top Bottom