Architectural taste

Hmmm....easy upkeep to the front side of the house (no mowing, weeding, etc.)

Tons of room for all the family cars plus easy access for visitors.

Nice interior and views out the entire back? I'll take two!

LOL, those houses wouldn't bother me at all. But I have a tiny 1940 cottage and my SUV won't even FIT into its garage, so it sits parked outside the front door!

I really don't like the look of these at all. Garage doors should be minimized, not highlighted. Not much imagination on the part of the architect, if there was one.

It is the lake side that gives us pleasure. (still have the landscaping to do)
Same here. I have a large house on a smallish wedge-shaped lot (end of a cul-de-sac). The front of the lot is wide enough for a 3-bay garage and not much more. Any design that hides the garages on the side or whatever is not possible -- no room. But like OldShooter said, the lake side is wide, and beautiful.

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 12
The garage in front is all you see from the street style is common in some Los Angeles hillside hoods. Especially Hollywood Hills. The party is out back, as noted. I never called them a mullet house though. :angel:

If you have a steep downhilll lot, it makes sense. Uphill lot too, actually. If you want privacy, it makes sense. And you are probably on a crazy windy steep "road" so that helps privacy too. You can impress people you let in the front door.

Now for the "modern farmhouse" style. Who ever had a 3000 or 4000 SF or any size "farmhouse" in the middle of the big city? It's a misnomer imho. :rolleyes:

Our neighborhood in western Colorado has taken on a desert modern theme which is really a play off of mid century modern or to get really down in the weeds, some call it St George style after what is happening in St George, Utah. We like it. Its clean, funky lends itself to open, single level living.

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom