Are You A Christmas Scrooge?

Sorry I misread. I read what sounded like a miserable account of the Christmas experience, from fellowship with family to decorating for the holiday. Sounded like loathing of all aspects of the season to me. I apologize and hope you have a very merry Christmas.

Sorry I misread. I read what sounded like a miserable account of the Christmas experience, from fellowship with family to decorating for the holiday. Sounded like loathing of all aspects of the season to me. I apologize and hope you have a very merry Christmas.

No worries... But New Years! Oh my God, the noise, the drinking, staying up to all hours, that stupid falling ball, and the resolutions no one keeps...

Just kidding. Best wishes to you in the coming year. :)

Mountainsoft,

You've done a wonderful job of articulating what Christmas is like for people who struggle with it. I couldn't agree with you more. You put into words exactly how I feel. I thought I might be the only one. It's comforting to know there are others.

Thanks.
+1
And Mountainsoft, as a fellow Christian, I too, say "Lord, take me now", (tongue in cheek, of course), to crazy situations like driving in north Texas on Dec 26, the busiest day of travel. Lots of laughs with the great comments in this thread.

Cheers, and best of happiness, peace, contentment, and joy to all for the New Year everyone!

I've always enjoyed New Years too.

Weather at a party, an event or just at home resting in front of the fire and watching "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve" after a particularly good lobster supper, I look forward to the pandemonium at midnite when the simultaneous noise eruption is just magnificent!

We had a nice low key Christmas - a couple of meals out with friends and family, a hike, a movie at one of our kids' houses with wine. Still a lot of gifts being exchanged, though. One of our friends' family picks names and I might suggest that next year for our family. Most of the gifts exchanged this year, even though there was a lot, were things like plants, books, wine, spirits, food treats, gift cards, socks, and hobby supplies. So I think overall we didn't do too bad with keeping our consumerism pretty reasonable for Christmas time.

Scrooge meaning cheap? We're not cheap at Christmas. But we don't have a Christmas tree or lights outside. I have a wreath on our door and one or two holiday things hanging. I go to other people's houses and enjoy their decorations.

Back
Top Bottom