Are you the happiest retiree here?

Are you the happiest retiree here?

• Well, duh, I'm W2R.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I'm not W2R, but I think I'm the happiest one.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Don't we need about 37 posts to define happiness?

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • And another 37 to figure out how properly to measure it?

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • No, but I know who is.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I say happiness is greatly overrated.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • It was easier to be happy when we were young.

• It is easier for young people to be happy today.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Anyone who tries can be happy.

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Some people are incapable of happiness.

• I was happy, but am not currently.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • I was unhappy, but through sheer dint of extraordinary effort, now I am.

• I was born into a happy family.

• Vanguard makes me unhappy.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Happiness is relative. It's not possible for me to be happy unless others are unhappy.

• Should we be talking about happiness at all?

• I like Pharrell Williams.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • I like pie.

Votes: 40 40.0%
  • This poll is incomplete. I'm not happy about that

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • This poll is so complete and I'm very happy about that.

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
Yesterday, I was not the happiest. Had a few irritants (some I still have to deal with) hit me early in the day then a minor slight from a couple friends sort of took the wind out of my sails for a minute. My baseline is pretty high and life is good; I just "rode the wave." I got a bunch done, cooked a great meal, and made plans to get out and paddle this morning. Slept great last night and happy this morning. Can't have the peaks without some valleys but fortunately the valleys are pretty shallow these days!

I'm happy because I couldn't select any poll option. Sure, there's a "This poll is incomplete. I'm not happy about that" option, but that's obviously too restrictive. I find joy in pointing out the missing poll option(s).

The inadequacy of any poll to suit me proves my uniqueness as an individual, and that makes me happy.

Oh, and I like pie AND bacon. :)

My new snack favorite is bacon and peanut butter. Sustained me in flight recently on a non-meal segment of my 5000 mile trip. Contains two of the main food groups too!:LOL:

Happy camper here, I like pie and will be celebrating 18 years of retirement this month. Been so fortunate to experience good health, wonderful family, especially the grandkids growing up and financial independence.

Help me understand the above...:confused:??

I’ll try!
Which part? The I don’t eat bacon/pork? This is actually true. I haven’t eaten pork in years. But I’m not in the business of telling other people what to eat.
The other two I was just playing around. People on the internet always want their specific situations included- no matter how obscure and poll gets misspelled and made fun of.

My sense of humor doesn’t always come across on the internet. [emoji2370]
Of course it doesn’t always come across in person either. [emoji23]

I’ll try!
Which part? The I don’t eat bacon/pork? This is actually true. I haven’t eaten pork in years. But I’m not in the business of telling other people what to eat.
The other two I was just playing around. People on the internet always want their specific situations included- no matter how obscure and poll gets misspelled and made fun of.

My sense of humor doesn’t always come across on the internet. [emoji2370]
Of course it doesn’t always come across in person either. [emoji23]

I got the joke and enjoyed it.:LOL:

Heh, heh, not sure I could give up bacon, but we are all different about such thing.:cool:

I’m very happy. Have an awesome wife and three grown kids. Everyone’s healthy and happy and living the life they want.

My happiest moments are at Christmas when everyone descends on our home and spends a few days together. At Christmas dinner wife sits at one end of the big dining room table and me at the other. Happy kids and significant others in the middle. Wife and I just look at each other all dinner with big happy grins knowing we raised them and launched them into the world and now they are all living the life they dreamed of.

It’s perfect and is my happiest day of the year.

If a person has to compete to be the ‘happiest’ person, then I don’t think that person is very happy.

If a person has to compete to be the ‘happiest’ person, then I don’t think that person is very happy.

This is my recent earworm.. also playing around with it on the guitar:

I wasn't familiar with Lori McKenna but after being turned onto her found she's written a lot of songs I like. -I usually like the songwriter's versions of most songs so getting turned on to her has made me a little happier.

^Nice! ^ I am not a retiree so I picked Pharrell and see that it was a popular choice.

I don't know. DW plays Bingo with other seniors and to watch them win a tube of tooth paste or 4 pack of TP, you'd think THEY were the happiest retirees on Earth. Winning "happiest" retiree here on FIRE Forum might well send the winner over the edge to actual happiest retiree. It could happen though YMMV.

I feel relaxed, fulfilled, patient, and enjoy being kind to others. In my earlier years, I was anxious and probably rude if I didn't get prompt service or had to wait in line. I'm not like that anymore. I'm in no hurry. I used to drive fast and feel my thing was important. I don't feel important. More at peace.

I feel relaxed, fulfilled, patient, and enjoy being kind to others. In my earlier years, I was anxious and probably rude if I didn't get prompt service or had to wait in line. I'm not like that anymore. I'm in no hurry. I used to drive fast and feel my thing was important. I don't feel important. More at peace.

You'll likely live a lot longer because of that great attitude. I've been w*rking on "attitude" for a long time. I haven't arrived, but DW notices the difference in me. That's the key is when your SO sees you as different - and likes the new you.

Back
Top Bottom