Article: “Never Pay A Medical Bill Without Asking These Questions First.”

Markola

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This brief article contains far too much content to completely summarize but it shows how engaged we all need to be with our insanely complex and non transparent medical “non system,” even after the federal medical transparency law was passed. Otherwise, our rights are not likely respected and we are likely overpaying. Personally, I’ve printed this article out for reference as loved ones and I are forced to encounter and navigate medical billing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...hout-asking-these-questions-first/ar-AA19gxoW

That's a good list to have, thanks for posting the link. I hadn't thought about paying cash for procedures if the cash price is less than your deductible and you're unlikely to hit the deductible for the year.

I found it advantageous to never pay the first bill.

Some providers for my brother would submit their bill to me (I'm his guardian) before waiting to see what insurance would pay. Ambulance companies in particular.

More than once, I'd wait it out only to find that insurance eventually paid 90% of the bill. Their pitch was that they'd reimburse me after it all would run through the mill. Yeah, sure.

Back
Top Bottom