AT&T (T) stock price spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled 'Twitter AT&T spoof commercial' & came up with nothing.
Could you be a little more specific please.

One of the mods said they deleted the political posts, so was trying to give clues without getting my post deleted. AT&T is backing some political news organizations in one extreme direction, but until this week this was not a well publicized fact. A well known political marketing group with members from the same party with more moderate views the made a spoof ad on Monday highlighting this backing. On Tuesday an online boycott started. On Wednesday AT&Ts stock price dropped to an 11 year low and the political marketing group is claiming responsibility. On Thursday one of my friends sent me the ad and said the forums they were on were all organizing boycotts over the ad. The political group who made the ad says they are just getting started.

I don't think I can link to the ad per the forum guideline since it is a political ad. Try Googling AT&T boycott and look for the news stories and spoof ad from this October.

Last edited:
Verizon has been beaten up lately too. Could it be just out of favor seeing the communications firms had to spend Billion$ on 5G rights and buildout? None of these companies are on the "cutting edge" anymore and are looked at as legacy firms that pay a decent dividend.

Verizon has been beaten up lately too. Could it be just out of favor seeing the communications firms had to spend Billion$ on 5G rights and buildout? None of these companies are on the "cutting edge" anymore and are looked at as legacy firms that pay a decent dividend.

Those could be long term factors, but if you look at the stock price this year, was there a sudden drop this week?

A rose by any other name ..

Another thread discussion brought to a premature end because politics is injected into the discussion, this time despite a moderator request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom